Theme problem

rachelwho77

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2010
Hello, I have windows 7 ultimate and when I click on a theme it just goes back to desk top background colours and not the theme I want. hope you can help

Is this a home or office computer? Company IT departments quite often limit the user rights of employees, which could include changing themes.

rachelwho77

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2010

Yes I am ligit. I was going great guns and then my themes wouldn't change. I click on them them but alI get is a black screen no matter what theme I click on..

rachelwho77

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2010

Its just a home computer but I do have a lot of things on my computer as I am a volunteer worker for quite a few organisation so keep lots of record of letters out etc. I thought maybe my computer is over loaded and not enough memory to change the themes

rachelwho77

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2010

No, no warnings. I have microsoft security essentials and Mcafee security scan plus so I am sure they would have warned me of any strange things going on in the computer.. I can live without the themes just annoying to have them there and when I click on a them I have nothing but a black screen

rachelwho77

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2010
maybe I should go through all of what I have on the computer andget rid of things I don't use that much and as you say there may be something that was downloaded that changed or hindered the themes working. I do appreciate you help.... Rachel

rachelwho77

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2010
is there supposed to be a little box at the top right of the theme ? somehow my brain says there used to be but there isn't any more... each theme picture I thought used to have this little square on the top right of the picture theme.. I sure hope I am not getting you lost

No idea what you mean...

By the way, you shouldn't have two antivirus programs at the same time. Get rid of MacAfee and keep MSE.

Also, are you 100% sure this is a legal, final release version of Windows? Did you buy it from a reputable source? Windows will default to a black screen after a while if it is not authentic or not properly activated.

rachelwho77

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2010
thanks so much, I have the fellow who put the windows on coming after christmas. I bought through a major store here so will not have to pay for it to be checked. I do appreciate your help I suppose in hind sight I should have gone straight to Harvey Norman store instead of panicing and searching the net... MANY MANY THANKS

TRENDING THREADS