Question Themeral tape/thermal pad

lance9538

Honorable
Jan 3, 2015
I have a laptop I want to put thermal pads on the gpu with a heatsink not sure if it will stick to the heatsink so I'm thinking of getting thermal tape. so it can stick im just wondering will it effect any of the themral output of the thermal pad?

Last edited:
The heatsink is like this that's why I ask that

Coolering system

The fin on the top right of it is for the gpu
I can't access the picture but if cooler is screwed in than thermal pad is in order, if not its obvious that it has to be glued somehow. As dual sided thermal tape is not as secure, what they most probably used is thermal adhesive, something like this https://www.amazon.com/GENNEL-Conductive-Silicone-Adhesive-Compound/dp/B072MSXHJD and that's damn difficult to remove and change so you probably don't need to change.

lance9538

Honorable
Jan 3, 2015

lance9538

Honorable
Jan 3, 2015
I can see a lot of crews and screw holes. 4 on the left part (I suppose it's for GPU or chipset, one on top of main body and 3 holes on main body.
the top right is where the gpu go the 1/2/3/4 is where the cpu where the 6 is at thats the gpu part. im asking this because im puting a thermal pad on the gpu where its electrically conductive so i want to make sure it does not move out of place

Last edited: