There are SO many VM gaming options. could you please help decide?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

manidontevenknow

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013
Hey guys,

I'm working with a FX-9370 and two R7 gfx cards. My hope is to create 2 or 3(third for our son) virtual machines under linux. Ash and I like to play video games occasionally and we would like to turn off our second computer to save power. I believe my PC is strong enough to run 2 gaming systems(league and sims for the most part, nothing spectacular( and maybe an abcmouse.com system. rarely all at the same time but set up to do so.

What do you guys think? With all the options, Xen, KVM, VMware etc etc i have no idea where to start and really there are so many options trial and error seems like it would take decades.

Solution
There's no glory in ignorance. At least you now know a little more about what you are researching.

Don't put people down who are trying to help you. It just makes you look a little pathetic.

manidontevenknow

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013

HOLY SHIT! that is everything EVERYTHING i mean EEEEEEEEEEVERYTHING i was looking for. thank you. im serious, i really appreciate that. if everything would have went down as imagined this would have been where i asked if you wanted to go on this walk with me. lol