There are spiders in my PC tower!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timrr699

Prominent
Jun 29, 2017
Hey everyone!

So I recently purchased a gaming PC and have lately been seeing an increased number of spiders in my room. I was wondering what was going on until I saw one crawl into my case. I guess they like the heat there but I was wondering if this could in any way harm my PC? By the way, I live in Canada, so these spiders are pretty small. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

Solution
I've actually also started getting small spiders in my house, but none of them have gotten into my PC yet. BTW, I live in Brampton, ON. I can't really think of a particular way they could harm your components but it would be best if you dealt with them before your system becomes a new home for them. Use an air duster and get rid of those suckers. If you get many webs and dust in your PC it will attract moisture which is bad for your PC.
I've actually also started getting small spiders in my house, but none of them have gotten into my PC yet. BTW, I live in Brampton, ON. I can't really think of a particular way they could harm your components but it would be best if you dealt with them before your system becomes a new home for them. Use an air duster and get rid of those suckers. If you get many webs and dust in your PC it will attract moisture which is bad for your PC.

Solution
I'd actually be a little concerned. They have body fluid that, in a fairly unlikely situation in exactly the wrong spot, could short out something. I'd blow out the entire system as suggested, and then look for places that they are getting in.. try to keep any openings closed, or filtered with some kind of screening (if it's a point used for airflow).

Spiders are ok just clean normally. Dust is the big problem.
ventblockers_fans1.jpg

Now if you get rats then your going to have some issues.
ventblockers_mice.jpg

Reactions: Tac 25

jimbod1943

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013

spiders are still organic and dead or alive organic material can be conductive. I doubt they would ever really be a problem, but there is a remote chance it could be. After all the first real computer problem was a dead bug hence the name "computer bug". best to get rid of them if only for sanitary reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.