Question There is a mysterious file that starts up every time I boot my PC

Apr 22, 2020
There is this file called 4A7C4306-57E0-4C0C-83A9-78C1528F618C located under Context Menu Handlers in my registry editor which I saw runs on start up. I found this out from CCleaner. What is it? Should I disable/delete it?

Apr 22, 2020
No what I mean was that I only saw that the file started up each time from the CCleaner app, not that the app itself was from CCleaner. I still have no clue what the file actually does or is or if it is harmful or not.

jwcrellin

Reputable
Dec 3, 2016
Google says that it is known malware. It's a (registry)librarysearch I think. Feel free to kill it. Malware can be stubborn. Malwarebytes is one of the better free programs. If that doesn't get it and you have a couple bucks extra, Kaspersky is pretty good as well.

Apr 22, 2020
Google says that it is known malware. It's a (registry)librarysearch I think. Feel free to kill it. Malware can be stubborn. Malwarebytes is one of the better free programs. If that doesn't get it and you have a couple bucks extra, Kaspersky is pretty good as well.
Thanks for your reply. I just deleted the file and it didn't seem to do anything to my computer but I'm glad its gone.

ASK THE COMMUNITY