[SOLVED] "There is a problem with your graphics card" ?

Jan 29, 2021
Hello, I've bought recently new PC-Components, that according to PC-Partpicker were compatible with Windows 7. These new parts were: a Intel i7-6700k CPU , a hyper 212 Coolermaster fan and a seagate Barracuda 2TB harddrive.

For that a new system installation was needed and although it worked on my previous system, it seems that my graphics card stopped working properly. The system does start, but as I try to start epic games launcher it says: "There is a problem with your graphics card" (and so on). Then there is a problem with some videos on Youtube and Twitch (Twitch says error 4000), which I figuered out can be tied to the graphics card drivers.

Furthermore I noticed that my PC is overall slower, although having better components than it had before. Here are some of my other components which I did not buy recently: a H170M-E D3 Asus motherboard and an NVIDIA GeForce GT1050.

As I reinstalled some of the motherboard drivers (thinking that the problem might have also something to do with the audio drivers) I unexpectedly lost all of my sound, as my PC does not recognise my wireless headphones. Which is pretty anoying too is, that all of my USB-devices stop working after my PC wakes up from sleep-mode.
I really hope that someone can help me and I'd be really glad thankful for any kind of assistance.

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I wish you first opened up the thread prior to purchasing the parts, especially when you were buying with the sole purpose of running Windows 7 on a Skylake platform. Why? Because you loose security support on the former OS and it's been phased out of Microsoft's catalogue.

On another note, why did you pair the H170 chipset with a K suffix processor? You could've been able to do just the same on a Z series chipset, but the issues would also be present whereby you'd be in CSM mode at all times and loose UEFI support, not to mention loose out on bandwidth.

I'm still curious as to what warranted you to maintain Windows 7 on the build, you could've easily migrated to Windows 10 with your license key.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I wish you first opened up the thread prior to purchasing the parts, especially when you were buying with the sole purpose of running Windows 7 on a Skylake platform. Why? Because you loose security support on the former OS and it's been phased out of Microsoft's catalogue.

On another note, why did you pair the H170 chipset with a K suffix processor? You could've been able to do just the same on a Z series chipset, but the issues would also be present whereby you'd be in CSM mode at all times and loose UEFI support, not to mention loose out on bandwidth.

I'm still curious as to what warranted you to maintain Windows 7 on the build, you could've easily migrated to Windows 10 with your license key.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Solution