There is no local policies in control panel, i also dont have gpedit.m

rajazone

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2010
i have connected to server from one of my system using the method of changing local policies options. But, in another system, i dont even have local policies, please help me out in this case.

Bolbi

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
Note that Win7 Home Premium and Starter don't support group policies. For Win7 Professional and Ultimate, group policies are supported. If the computer that you can't access group policies on is Pro or Ultimate, make sure that the feature is enabled in Control Panel>Programs and Features>Turn Windows features on or off.

rajazone

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2010
I have changed the local policies and connected to server with windows 7 system.

I have windows 7 pro in another system. I have changed the local policies. Still im getting the error.

"windows cannot find \\***, please check the spelling and try again"

Same setting changed in two system , one is working and other is not. What could be the problem ???

Bolbi

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
So, are you sure both machines are running Win7 Pro and you entered the same server settings? Perhaps security software is interfering? Or are the machines identical as far as software is concerned?

You're certain they both use the same firewall? Any clues in the router settings pages? Also, how long are you waiting before deciding it isn't working? I've found W7 to be considerably slower than XP in updating settings changes so it's best not to rush to experiment further without waiting some while. The CB Service doesn't run as often in W7 for some reason.

TRENDING THREADS