There is no troubleshoot option in the Advanced startup menu...

A6TH

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2013
So, I have a Toshiba Satellite P70-B-10T laptop and it came with a preinstalled Windows 7. I upgraded it to Windows 10 and installed all updates.
Today, I wanted to enable Test Mode with cmd run as Administrator, but I got an error:
"An error has occurred setting the element data.
The value is protected by Secure Boot policy and cannot be modified or deleted".
Then, I searched the forums on how to fix that and they all suggested booting to Advanced startup menu and selecting Troubleshoot, and then Advanced options, then UEFI Firmware settings and disabling Secure Boot option.
But, there is no Troubleshoot option in the Advanced startup menu of my Windows 10. There are only 3 options:
1) Continue to Windows
2) Use a device
3) Turn off PC
I feel like my Windows is secured somehow so I can't edit anything related to boot settings, I can't access BIOS, there is no option like F2 or Del on startup.
What can I do?

OK, now that you have access to the boot order, follow the instructions at [strike]http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media to make a install/repair [/strike]"disk" (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10)

A6TH

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2013
Yes, there was no Advanced startup option available. But, guess what, I received the November update and the problem got fixed by itself. But, November update doesn't happen all the time, so it would be good if we came up with the solution to this. The only problem, I can't test it anymore :D

Sounds like either a corruption or just that you had a major update waiting. That would mean that you would have had to repair with sfc /scannow or dsim

A6TH

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2013
I guess it was a major update waiting. I tried repairing with sfc /scannow and dsim, but it didn't work. So, I guess, Microsoft forced me to do the update, kind of :D Or else NO TROUBLESHOT OPTION! hahah :D