[SOLVED] There is not enough space on this drive.

10-David

Prominent
Jul 31, 2017
I decided to backup my PS3 and plugged in an 8 GB flash drive, and when I choose the drive I want the backup under the drive it says 7600MB and I select the drive wait a 30 seconds and a message shows up saying you need atleast 3401MB free on your drive to back up.
What do i do?

Solution
You need a larger flash drive; the PS3 system will expand files as they are being backed up so you actually need more space. Once everything is backed up, it should be around 7600 MB.

Wes006

Honorable
Jul 9, 2014
You need a larger flash drive; the PS3 system will expand files as they are being backed up so you actually need more space. Once everything is backed up, it should be around 7600 MB.

Solution

Wes006

Honorable
Jul 9, 2014
Depending on the scope of the backup including any updates that have been applied, the PS3 is reporting that there is not enough space. So, you either have a flash drive with a corrupt file system or there isn't enough space to expand and compact the files. The system files on your PS3 are not static; some of them may have varying levels of compression. Try backing up to a larger flash drive.

10-David

Prominent
Jul 31, 2017
Okay my bad I was reading it wrong I plugged in a 4GB flash drive to see what happens and it said it needed 6800 MB so this is where I understood on the 8GB one I needed 3401MB more than I have now so which means I need a flash drive with bigger storage. Ok so I just want to put on my flash drive only 3 saves from one game which is under 2 GB how do I do that? And I want to put them back in after formatting my ps3