"There maybe be a problem with the driver for the ethernet adapter" Windows 10

JaydenWebb

Commendable
Sep 27, 2016
Hello,

About a month ago my Windows 10 stopped stopped recognising my ethernet cable that I plug into my motherboard (ASUS M5A97 r2.0). I've tried everything to fix it, I even bought a new motherboard (The ASUS one is the new one, my old one was a Gigabyte 970A-DS3P r2.0) and an ethernet card, but it doesnt work.The ethernet cable works on my laptop and I have tried a different cable in the past on my PC and it still said the same thing, "There maybe be a problem with the driver for the ethernet adapter".

PLEASE, if you know a way that I can fix this please tell me. Any answers are appreciated.

Solution

Azcexk

Commendable
Nov 21, 2016
1. Enter the Network & Internet settings category
2. If it’s not already selected, click or tap the Status section in the column on the left.
3. On the right side of the window, scroll until you reach the bottom of the list of settings. There, you should see a link called Network reset. Click or tap on it
4. The Settings app will open a view called Network reset, where you’re told that “This will remove then reinstall all your network adapters, and set other networking components back to their original settings. You might need to reinstall other networking software afterwards, such as VPN client software or virtual switches.”
If you’re okay with all that and you want to go ahead with resetting your network adapters, click or tap the Reset now button.
5. Windows 10 will ask you to confirm that you want to reset your network adapters. If you do, click or tap on Yes.

Thats it

JaydenWebb

Commendable
Sep 27, 2016

I can get to 'Network and Internet' settings from the Control Panel but I don't see 'Status' on the left. All it says on the left is the names for the other Control Panel categories. Am I in the wrong thing or something?? Thanks for trying to help me man :)

Edit: Ok so I just noticed that I don't have the certain version of Windows 10 to have the 'Status' option in my settings. I don't think there is a way to reset it with the version I have, which I can't even find because all it tells me is that it's Windows 10 Pro.

Azcexk

Commendable
Nov 21, 2016

here i found this
http://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-reset-all-your-windows-10-network-adapters-just-6-clicks

Solution

TRENDING THREADS