"There was an error with resetting your PC. No changes has been made"

AbbeLabben

Reputable
Aug 18, 2016
So retarded as I am, I accidentaly clicked an .exe file and got some russian shit virus on my PC. I have been trying to remove it with Bitdefener, Malwarebytes and Norton but I don't seem to get rid of it so I decided to do a complete system reset. But whenever I reset my PC I get the error "There was an error with resetting your PC. No changes has been made".

I typed sfc /scannow in the CMD (Admin), I then typed DISM.exe/Online/Cleanup-image/Checkhealth and sadly I got the windows error 87. I have also tried troubleshooting my PC but I just get a SYSTEM32 error. And yes, I am running Windows 10.

Resetting my PC this way has worked perfectly fine before, and this time I am really starting to get pissed of becuase I really want this fixed. Do you guys have any tips or tricks on how I can fix this?

Regards,
AbbeLabben

AbbeLabben

Reputable
Aug 18, 2016

Doesn't that mean I have to buy a new Windows 10 license? And where can I find a video or some sort of tutorial on how to di this?

Your windows 10 license is tied to your motherboard and will automatically validate itself as soon as it can connect to internet.
Installing windows 10 is easy
1. Download the media creation tool from: https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows10
2. Run the program and install the windows installer on a usb stick.
3. Boot into bios and select your usb drive as the main boot drive
4. Run through the installer and you have a clean windows 10.

USAFRet

Titan

I know how I'd fix it in my system...recover from last nights full disk image.
Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure you don't have that.

Since none of your current AV tools seem to work, try booting from an AV tool, instead of allowing this virus to screw up the already installed AV.

Failing that. wipe and reinstall.

AbbeLabben

Reputable
Aug 18, 2016
@USAFRet & @Finstar

When I tried to install windows to my flashdrive I got this error. https://gyazo.com/6b3c9028da79215363a6bae480295768

Error 0xC180010C - 0x10019

Translating that error message from Swedish to English I get the following text:
An unknown error occurred and unable to run the tool on your computer. If the problem persists, contact customer support and specify the error code as a reference.

USAFRet

Titan

Are you running that tool from an Admin account? I believe that is required.

AbbeLabben

Reputable
Aug 18, 2016

I ran MediaCreationTool.exe as an Admin, yes.