Question There was peace before windows 10 attacked

Jun 14, 2019
Hey all! If you’re reading this, thanks.

After watching one of Linus’s videos discussing how Windows 7 will lose security updates post this year, I decided it was time to upgrade to Windows 10. I went online and downloaded it after I was told that I might still be able to download it for free. I did so, and everything was fine- until I tried to connect to the internet, at which point Windows 10 would crash with the problem PAGED FAULT IN NO PAGE AREA. After doing some research and testing, it seemed that my network adapter (Netgear WNDA 3100 v3) was the problem, and there were a lot of complaints online for similar problems. I tried using the ways other people have fixed it (by downloading drives of a USB and then booting from there, etc.) but either do not know how or it has not worked.
In the process of rebooting my computer so many times, I just decided to go back to Windows 7.

I want to eventually go back, but I also want internet. I’d give specs but rn my computer is reverting and I don’t know them by heart.
Thank anyone who reads this- it means a lot, even if you can’t help. :)

Colif

Win 11 Master
The big problems is the drivers are likely just relabelled WIn 7 drivers and may not be digitally signed to work with Win 10, so whatever method you try to install them, windows will just ignore them

the USB stick only supports 802.11n, which was released in 2009.

Many old wifi adapters are being struck off the list with regards to working with win 10. Best idea is buy a newer one that doesn't have win 7 drivers at all as then you won't be getting an older adapter, or get one that at least has the newest speeds, like 802.11ax