There Will Be Much To Take In At The PlayStation Experience 2015 This Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

FraserBlade

Reputable
Dec 4, 2015
Considering just how lacklustre the gaming on the PS4 has been with exclusive content and features I'm disappointed that so much money and effort has been poured into this pseudo VR....fad.
Give me games, give me new games.

Puiucs

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014
Considering just how lacklustre the gaming on the PS4 has been with exclusive content and features I'm disappointed that so much money and effort has been poured into this pseudo VR....fad.
let's wait for 2016 before we start making these type of comments. we'll get a much better view of how VR truly works when we have the final hardware and a few good games.

kcarbotte

Contributing Writer
Editor
Mar 24, 2015

There's nothing pseudo about the virtual reality technologies about to hit the market. These are the real deal, and having had the chance to try PSVR I can tell you this isn't some half baked attempt. In many ways Playstation VR is ahead of Oculus and HTC with its headset, especially when it comes to proper games.

I do not believe for a second that VR will amount to a fad. The technology is here to stay from here on out. VR and probably even more so, AR, will have huge impacts on our lives in the coming years. This is just phase one. It's not going away any time soon.

I applaud Sony for really addressing the concern of how you share the experience with others. Then again, VR for couch-sitting console players should be pouring money into this direction of gameplay.

There's nothing pseudo about the virtual reality technologies about to hit the market. These are the real deal, and having had the chance to try PSVR I can tell you this isn't some half baked attempt. In many ways Playstation VR is ahead of Oculus and HTC with its headset, especially when it comes to proper games.

I do not believe for a second that VR will amount to a fad. The technology is here to stay from here on out. VR and probably even more so, AR, will have huge impacts on our lives in the coming years. This is just phase one. It's not going away any time soon.

I agree. The first step is telling the general public that its cool and perfectly normal to be interested in and wearing VR gear. We're already seeing this popping up in completely unrelated advertisements. The real turn for the gaming industry was when it became socially acceptable to play video games. These stereotypes vary by region, of course, so ymmv. You have to tell people what's good, or cool, etc, and we'll see a lot more of that soon.

surphninja

Honorable
May 14, 2013

We'll see. Sony has provided the canvas. Now they just need to get out of the way and let developers see what they can do. Just depends on if developers step up to the plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.