there's no sound coming from my computer

Len

We have formatted our computer (cicero windows xp) for
windows xp home edition. after we have done that there's
no sound coming from the speaker. a dialog box says maybe
we have no audio device or hardware how can it possibly
like that when before it was not formatted there's a
sound....thanks

Did you install your driver for your sound card?

len wrote:

> We have formatted our computer (cicero windows xp) for
> windows xp home edition. after we have done that there's
> no sound coming from the speaker. a dialog box says maybe
> we have no audio device or hardware how can it possibly
> like that when before it was not formatted there's a
> sound....thanks

Greetings --

Have you downloaded and installed the WinXP-specific audio drivers
as provided by the audio controller's manufacturer?

Bruce Chambers
--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. - RAH

"len" <lencampos16@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> We have formatted our computer (cicero windows xp) for
> windows xp home edition. after we have done that there's
> no sound coming from the speaker. a dialog box says maybe
> we have no audio device or hardware how can it possibly
> like that when before it was not formatted there's a
> sound....thanks

Hi all,

I have the same problem with my sound card on my computer after I installed
new hard drive and reinstalled window xp from the manufacturer CD.

The sound card is onboard and was working perfectly before. Now, after I
reinstalled window XP, everything is working ok but the audio. When I try to
use Window Media Player a message displayed saying that: "Can't play back
the audio stream: no audio hardware is available, or the hardware is not
responding"

Error ID = 0x80040256, Remedy ID = 0x00000000

Please help me !

Thanks

"Chris Simpson" wrote:

> Did you install your driver for your sound card?
>

> len wrote:
>
> > We have formatted our computer (cicero windows xp) for
> > windows xp home edition. after we have done that there's
> > no sound coming from the speaker. a dialog box says maybe
> > we have no audio device or hardware how can it possibly
> > like that when before it was not formatted there's a
> > sound....thanks

Hello,

Have you installed the drivers for you sound card? They frequently need to
be installed after the OS is loaded. You should be able to download the
drivers from your OEM's site.

Michael Ortega

"meaningful alias" <meaningfulalias@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:8D09D564-F495-4F4F-9AA5-E34DF99DE629@microsoft.com...