There's two things in life that you can guarantee.......

BlackKnight

1. Sony will always find some pathetic excuse for delaying release dates of
its products.

2. Someone will always ask "how do you make a backup" of some game when
there is no reason to do so.

--
All mail is scanned for viruses by a
well-known and reliable anti-virus system.

Remove "NO_SPAM" to reply.

"BlackKnight" <terry_37@NO_SPAMemail.com> wrote in message
> 1. Sony will always find some pathetic excuse for delaying release dates
of
> its products.

Why single out Sony? Every publisher has this problem. But consider the
alternative. I'd rather have a company tell me they expect the game to be
released on April 19th, and later learn that the release date has been
pushed back another month, than never being given any estimated release
dates at all. And I'd rather learn that a game has been delayed for a few
months to fix problems that to realize it is being rushed out the door to
make the release date "no matter what" (Enter the Matrix, anyone?).

> 2. Someone will always ask "how do you make a backup" of some game when
> there is no reason to do so.

Too true...and that same someone will usually blame his kids and/or the dog
for damaging his originals, thus necessitating a back-up. R-i-i-i-i-g-h-t.
I respect pirates who just come clean and admit they don't own the original
and want to back-up rental games or buy bootleg copies more than people who
give lame excuses. As an owner of a dog, and a father of a 7 and 9 year-old
who have been playing disk-based games since they were 4 years-old, I've
never lost a single game disk to scratches, teeth marks, etc. And even if I
did, the companies would replace the disks for a moderate fee after proof of
ownership.

> All mail is scanned for viruses by a
> well-known and reliable anti-virus system.
>
> Remove "NO_SPAM" to reply.

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

"BlackKnight" <terry_37@NO_SPAMemail.com> wrote in message
> 1. Sony will always find some pathetic excuse for delaying release dates
> of its products.

Would you prefer a game released early that is ridden with bugs?
No wait, most games have bugs anyway.

"BlackKnight" <terry_37@NO_SPAMemail.com> wrote in

> 1. Sony will always find some pathetic excuse for delaying release
> dates of its products.
>
> 2. Someone will always ask "how do you make a backup" of some game
> when there is no reason to do so.

Actually it's

"Death and Taxes"

toad.

"Toad-Man" <toad@toadhall.com> wrote in message
> "BlackKnight" <terry_37@NO_SPAMemail.com> wrote in
>
>> 1. Sony will always find some pathetic excuse for delaying release
>> dates of its products.
>>
>> 2. Someone will always ask "how do you make a backup" of some game
>> when there is no reason to do so.
>>

> Actually it's
>
> "Death and Taxes"

Damnit, I forgot to file my state taxes!

BlackKnight

"Android" <androvich@NOcomcastSPAM.net> wrote in message

> "BlackKnight" <terry_37@NO_SPAMemail.com> wrote in message
>> 1. Sony will always find some pathetic excuse for delaying release dates
> of
>> its products.
>
> Why single out Sony? Every publisher has this problem. But consider the
> alternative. I'd rather have a company tell me they expect the game to be
> released on April 19th, and later learn that the release date has been
> pushed back another month, than never being given any estimated release
> dates at all. And I'd rather learn that a game has been delayed for a few
> months to fix problems that to realize it is being rushed out the door to
> make the release date "no matter what" (Enter the Matrix, anyone?).

The game that springs to mind is GT4 which was delayed more than once and
ended up with no network play mode (not in the UK at least).
Also the PSP was originally meant to be released in the UK in March and, the
last I heard it was June. When it was April I pre-ordered one, now I'm not
so sure it was a good idea!

BlackKnight

"Toad-Man" <toad@toadhall.com> wrote in message
> "BlackKnight" <terry_37@NO_SPAMemail.com> wrote in
>
>> 1. Sony will always find some pathetic excuse for delaying release
>> dates of its products.
>>
>> 2. Someone will always ask "how do you make a backup" of some game
>> when there is no reason to do so.
>>

> Actually it's
>
> "Death and Taxes"

OK there's four things then!