[SOLVED] Thermal Pad Question

ThatSourMelon

Commendable
Apr 21, 2019
I just got a message back from Micro Center that adding a thermal pad will not void my warranty. I started mining (have a 3080 for mainly gaming, but thought it would be cool to get some money on the side by it running while I’m not home) and apparently the VRAM temps get very hot, and that degrades my gpu. Since I’m not very keen on that I undervolted it (40% power limit) so the vram temps are 95/96°C, but that does hinder the profit by quite a bit.

For extra cooling on the VRAM the only thing I found was thermal pads. I couldn’t find any benchmarks or anything, other that they exist. How well do thermal pads work? What might be the best thermal pads to buy? Anything else I can get for extra cooling on the VRAM? I have an ASUS 3080 TUF OC.

Solution
thermal pads wont cool down your ram, they will transfer heat from ram to something else like heatsink
there isnt much difference petween thermal pads, but generaly u want thicker pad, because once u put pressure on it, material will get more compressed which wil conduct heat better and it will also submerge, so u get heat transfer from chip sides aswell
thermal pads wont cool down your ram, they will transfer heat from ram to something else like heatsink
there isnt much difference petween thermal pads, but generaly u want thicker pad, because once u put pressure on it, material will get more compressed which wil conduct heat better and it will also submerge, so u get heat transfer from chip sides aswell

Solution

ThatSourMelon

Commendable
Apr 21, 2019
So I shouldn’t use it because it won’t work? Should I get something else to cool it down? Should I connect it to my cpu cooler?