Question Thermal pad thickness for GTX 1060 3GB WINDFORCE GIGABYTE ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 3, 2021
Does anybody know the thermal pad thickness for a Gigabyte GTX 1060 3gb windforce?
I've been searching all around the internet but there are no specifications of thermal pads for my exact gpu model.
I cannot measure it because it was gifted to me without thermal paste and thermal pads and I just don't want to screw it up by using the wrong thickness (and potentially burn my card?)
Here's my gpu model:
https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N1060WF2OC-3GD#kf

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

IMHO, it should be .5mm but you should be able to source a sliding caliper and see what the thickness of thermal pads you need. You sure the card didn't come with thermal pads? Some cards don't have thermal pads in certain areas since the airflow atop of some VRM designs are enough that they don't need to be in contact with the heatsink assembly. You could post pics of what you're trying to patch up though ;)

Feb 3, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

IMHO, it should be .5mm but you should be able to source a sliding caliper and see what the thickness of thermal pads you need. You sure the card didn't come with thermal pads? Some cards don't have thermal pads in certain areas since the airflow atop of some VRM designs are enough that they don't need to be in contact with the heatsink assembly. You could post pics of what you're trying to patch up though ;)

Yes, my graphics card does need thermal pads, the card was gifted to me from a friend that mines cryptocurrencies and that type of stuff, but he just removed the thermal compound and pads. I found this photo View: https://imgur.com/a/YuECE3f

I did some research and apparently 1.5mm is like the standard thickness of gpu's but as I said I dont want to "potentially damage" my card... so yeah.

Edit: I dont have a sliding caliper

Status
Not open for further replies.