[SOLVED] Thermal Pad Thickness of Gigabyte RX 570 Gaming GV-RX570GAMING-4GD ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

madartzgraphics

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019
Does somebody know what's the correct and different thickness I need for
GIGABYTE RX 570 GAMING
GV-RX570GAMING-4GD
https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/gigabyte-rx-570-gaming.b4442

Planning to clean and repaste it, it's a recently purchased used card. It seems the info is quite hard to find and random all over the web. Somebody says that for Gigabyte RX570 Aorus, VRM is 1.5mm, VRAM is 0.5mm . That's for Aorus. My GPU is quite the older model based on what I can see on its age physically and details from GPU-Z. I heard I might end up ruining my card temp if I put the wrong thickness so I am thanking in advance to whom might be able to help about the matter. It's hitting 70-80 degrees celsius and more when gaming (SEA temp), owner says he never opened the card, warranty stickers are still in tact (i dont care about it, it's old).

Also, I will be cleaning them at the same time since there's some rusts all over the metal part (port side) so will be spraying a little bit wd40. Will also be spraying ECC on the board, case and fans to clean things up it's quite dusty. Is it ok? (not my first time).

NOTE: Never opened this kind of card but not my first time handling such activity so i have no idea. It seems it requires 2 different thickness.

Last edited:
Solution
so on ram you need 0.5mm pads and for mosfets 2mm, i thought that 1.5mm will be good but after i changed thermal pads my vrm was hitting 105c so i stacked two 1.5mm pads and they are too thick but temps were better so 2mm should be good. i dont know how about chokes, they dont get hot so you dont need good heat dissipation but its up to you if you want to change these, 100x15mm strip was enough to cover all vram chips, and second one was enough to cover mosfets

dont spray wd40 on your card, you can broke it in this way, i would just leave rust as it is, i dont know what is ECC but you can just grab brush and it will clean it

if something is unclear or you have more question feel free to ask

on monday/tuesday i should get 2mm pads for...

kay3y3

Commendable
Sep 11, 2019
so on ram you need 0.5mm pads and for mosfets 2mm, i thought that 1.5mm will be good but after i changed thermal pads my vrm was hitting 105c so i stacked two 1.5mm pads and they are too thick but temps were better so 2mm should be good. i dont know how about chokes, they dont get hot so you dont need good heat dissipation but its up to you if you want to change these, 100x15mm strip was enough to cover all vram chips, and second one was enough to cover mosfets

dont spray wd40 on your card, you can broke it in this way, i would just leave rust as it is, i dont know what is ECC but you can just grab brush and it will clean it

on monday/tuesday i should get 2mm pads for mosfets so you can wait few days and i will tell you if they are ok and if temps are normal

Solution

madartzgraphics

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019

on monday/tuesday i should get 2mm pads for mosfets so you can wait few days and i will tell you if they are ok and if temps are normal

Is this measurement for the "gaming" card or for the "aorus" card? I have't checked the insides yet so i have no idea if the 2 cards have the same layout and measurements so it's better informed than not. WD40 is just for the metal, not wanting to put it on the board as it can accumulate more dust. ECC means electrical contact cleaner.

Thanks for the input @kay3y3 ! Appreciate it.

kay3y3

Commendable
Sep 11, 2019
Is this measurement for the "gaming" card or for the "aorus" card? I have't checked the insides yet so i have no idea if the 2 cards have the same layout and measurements so it's better informed than not. WD40 is just for the metal, not wanting to put it on the board as it can accumulate more dust. ECC means electrical contact cleaner.

Thanks for the input @kay3y3 ! Appreciate it.
this measurement is for the "gaming" card, and i dont know about using ecc on board, i never used it so i cant tell if its ok because i was always cleaning pc with brush and cloth

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.