[SOLVED] Thermal pads for Gigabyte r9 380

Dec 12, 2021
Hi guys!
I want to change my thermal pads on my Gigabyte r9 380 (GV-R938G1 GAMING-4GD). I asked Gigabyte support but they are not answered after 1 week, so guys i am asking u if someone has this specific card can give me advice.
Thanks you in advance.

Solution
Usually pretty hard to track down that information unless you can find someone who has taken it apart and measured it.

Search youtube for teardowns is my advice. Actually Hardcore Overclocking / Gamer's Nexus commonly do tear downs and extremely detailed component review of GPUs. But you might also find some amateurs that have done it.

In general, order yourself some .5 and 1mm thermal pads. Generally up to 1.5mm is pretty common as a maximum thickness, so likely worst case you are using two layers. 2mm maybe, then you just double stack the 1mm. Anything more and you can consider thermal pad alternatives like thermal foams.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Usually pretty hard to track down that information unless you can find someone who has taken it apart and measured it.

Search youtube for teardowns is my advice. Actually Hardcore Overclocking / Gamer's Nexus commonly do tear downs and extremely detailed component review of GPUs. But you might also find some amateurs that have done it.

In general, order yourself some .5 and 1mm thermal pads. Generally up to 1.5mm is pretty common as a maximum thickness, so likely worst case you are using two layers. 2mm maybe, then you just double stack the 1mm. Anything more and you can consider thermal pad alternatives like thermal foams.

Reactions: Treelux
Solution