Solution
That 1mm thickness might be for PCIe cards though, not mobile/laptop graphics cards. I'd make sure that the specification for the thermal pads for THAT TYPE of mobile graphics card is supposed to be 1mm and the best way to do that is to contact the tech support for the laptop manufacturer and ask them. They SHOULD know that specification and be able to provide it to you. I do not know what the specification is for that card, or any mobile card for that matter, since I rarely deal with gaming cards in those kinds of devices, however, I'm pretty sure that it is NOT the same as for regular discreet PCIe graphics card thermal pads.
No.

Either use fully intact, previously unused thermal pads, or use a high quality thermal paste, depending on where and what you are trying to re-assemble. Ripped thermal pads will not provide equal, symmetrical heat transfer across a surface, so you'll likely end up with cooler and hotter spots, or trapped air, which doesn't cool well.

Reactions: Sonnybrown
Aug 12, 2020
No.

Either use fully intact, previously unused thermal pads, or use a high quality thermal paste, depending on where and what you are trying to re-assemble. Ripped thermal pads will not provide equal, symmetrical heat transfer across a surface, so you'll likely end up with cooler and hotter spots, or trapped air, which doesn't cool well.
So that would be bad for the gpu?

Just like thermal paste, thermal pads are not all created equal. I'd look at some reviews of any product you were going to buy, before you buy it, and if there aren't ANY reviews, that might say something too.

Which ones are you looking at and EXACTLY where are these intended to go?

Reactions: Sonnybrown
Aug 12, 2020
Just like thermal paste, thermal pads are not all created equal. I'd look at some reviews of any product you were going to buy, before you buy it, and if there aren't ANY reviews, that might say something too.

Which ones are you looking at and EXACTLY where are these intended to go?

Well first the stock thermal pads are sticky on both sides so there are basically low quality (gtx1070 mxm 3.1 for an msi gt73vr) there 4 vram I think or 4 pads I'm not sure about the name of the components lol and there are 4 other ones that are on the right and apparently I can't join pictures but it's exactly like this one and as you can see 4 pads or whatever they're called on the right and 4 others just on top of the gpu https://www.ebay.fr/itm/NVIDIA-GTX-...-86x105mm-Upgrade-Kit-MSI-Clevo-/112144267554

Aug 12, 2020
Buy New thermal pad
Buy alcohol and wipe and make sure dry
and make sure to wear a glove when handling pad (minimum human contact)
Cut a slightly bigger size and apply on the GPU.
You are basically replacing the thermal pad.
Don't apply the heat sink compound on the thermal pad.
Exactly I know I can't use the thermal paste because it's not stable enough, but I just want to know like if they're all the same, I'm not talking about the electric conductive ones, of course those are risky but I've seen so many thermal pads 1mm of thickness but Idk which one to use, and I'm not that interested too much in reducing the heat to the lowest degree, I just want decent ones that would work 🤷‍♂️

Aug 12, 2020

well here's the picture there are four of them on the right and four right on the top of the gpu, the pads on the right are good, but the ones on the top it's ripped apart and whenever i play when it reaches 60 degrees i get bizarre pixels on my screen and the stock thermal pads are sticky on both sides and they're white
s-l1600.jpg

I didn't realize this was for a laptop. I believe those are memory. So most likely, any thermal pads intended for use on a mobile/laptop graphics card memory chip will work BUT it is probably a good idea to contact tech support at the manufacturer and see if they have a specific recommendation for your region.

Aug 12, 2020
I didn't realize this was for a laptop. I believe those are memory. So most likely, any thermal pads intended for use on a mobile/laptop graphics card memory chip will work BUT it is probably a good idea to contact tech support at the manufacturer and see if they have a specific recommendation for your region.
The issue is that i didn't buy it it was a gift, so idk from where they bought it, but i looked on the internet for gtx1070 they use 1mm in thickness, but what i wanna know more does a generic one with 1mm in thickness will do the work

That 1mm thickness might be for PCIe cards though, not mobile/laptop graphics cards. I'd make sure that the specification for the thermal pads for THAT TYPE of mobile graphics card is supposed to be 1mm and the best way to do that is to contact the tech support for the laptop manufacturer and ask them. They SHOULD know that specification and be able to provide it to you. I do not know what the specification is for that card, or any mobile card for that matter, since I rarely deal with gaming cards in those kinds of devices, however, I'm pretty sure that it is NOT the same as for regular discreet PCIe graphics card thermal pads.

Solution
Aug 12, 2020
Aight, thanks a lot man

Aug 12, 2020
Opened my laptop and literally took a ruler and measured gave 0.1 cm which is 1mm so i ordered new ones