Thermal past for i7 9700k

Jan 12, 2019
So, this is probably a really dumb question but i want to be sure. I'm getting the i7-9700k and I was reading that it uses solder not paste. Does that mean i don't have to use thermal paste?

If i do, is there a brand you recommend?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
No, it means that between the heat spreader and the die, internally, it uses solder rather than thermal interface material (AKA paste) unlike every other Intel CPU since Ivy bridge. You STILL need to use some kind of thermal paste between the heat spreader and the CPU cooler heatsink.

Thermal grizzly Kryonaught, Noctua NT-H1, Cryorig cryopaste, Phanteks PH-NDC_02, Arctic Silver 5 and Arctic MX-4 are all good choices.
No, it means that between the heat spreader and the die, internally, it uses solder rather than thermal interface material (AKA paste) unlike every other Intel CPU since Ivy bridge. You STILL need to use some kind of thermal paste between the heat spreader and the CPU cooler heatsink.

Thermal grizzly Kryonaught, Noctua NT-H1, Cryorig cryopaste, Phanteks PH-NDC_02, Arctic Silver 5 and Arctic MX-4 are all good choices.

Solution
Jan 12, 2019

Well now i feel like an idiot aha. Thank you for the info!