thermal paste from cpu cooler

andi okem

Honorable
Jun 2, 2013
I just bought the corsair h115i cooler and it came with thermal paste already applied to it. is this paste good enough for me ? or do i have to clean it up and use any other good thermal paste? I feel silly to buy a new thermal paste as i may only use it once and leave it for years. But then if i have to buy it then no choice.

Solution
Agreed.
I watched a video on the DIFFERENCE between various pastes and it was a surprisingly small difference between the "best" and most pre-applied paste anyway (even thermal pads).

Also, paste degrades sitting on your shelf. No exact cutoff as it slowly gets worse, though for the cost vs hassle etc I would not use if more than a year old after opening. (not sure if you can store in IDEAL conditions like cool/damp or whatever).

USAFRet

Titan

The stuff that comes on it is fine. No need to get anything new, until such time as you wish to take the cooler off and reapply.

Agreed.
I watched a video on the DIFFERENCE between various pastes and it was a surprisingly small difference between the "best" and most pre-applied paste anyway (even thermal pads).

Also, paste degrades sitting on your shelf. No exact cutoff as it slowly gets worse, though for the cost vs hassle etc I would not use if more than a year old after opening. (not sure if you can store in IDEAL conditions like cool/damp or whatever).

Solution