[SOLVED] Thermal Paste on CPU

Jan 18, 2021
I tried to install a new cpu, after learning i need to do a CMOS reset i took it back out and i accidentally touched the other side, covering 2 golden plates with thermal paste, i LIGHTLY cleaned it, the two plates show but im not sure if it will work because i have no way of testing it, therefore i dont know if i should send it back or not, anyone know if its ok? (FLAT INTEL CPU)

Solution
I tried to install a new cpu, after learning i need to do a CMOS reset i took it back out and i accidentally touched the other side, covering 2 golden plates with thermal paste, i LIGHTLY cleaned it, the two plates show but im not sure if it will work because i have no way of testing it, therefore i dont know if i should send it back or not, anyone know if its ok? (FLAT INTEL CPU)
No big deal if paste wasn't metallic but even if it wasn't you can use same solvent you used to clean the other side.
No big deal if paste wasn't metallic but even if it wasn't you can use same solvent you used to clean the other side.

Solution