[SOLVED] Thermal Paste

xmasholiday

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2013
I just bought a ryzen 5 2600x just now new and I guess it comes with pre applied thermal paste now with that being said can i just pop it on in or do i need too apply thermal paste anywhere else this is my 1st time doing this lol

Solution
Just keep the factory applied thermal paste. Especially if this is your first time. You don't need to apply any more than that.

If you did want to apply your own, you would wipe away the current manufacturers paste completely and apply your own compound.

But just stick to what's already on it, it will be sufficient. No thermal paste is required anywhere else.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Just keep the factory applied thermal paste. Especially if this is your first time. You don't need to apply any more than that.

If you did want to apply your own, you would wipe away the current manufacturers paste completely and apply your own compound.

But just stick to what's already on it, it will be sufficient. No thermal paste is required anywhere else.

Reactions: drea.drechsler
Solution
If you're using the stock cooler, then there's no need to apply additional thermal paste to the one that's pre-applied on the cooler itself.

Make sure that the CPU is properly seated into the socket, give it a gentle wigle if needed. Then just tighten the CPU cooler screws(cross pattern) firmly.

TRENDING THREADS