Question Thermal paste??

Nov 30, 2021
Ok so I'm new to looking up how to fix computers and with COVID things are hard to find I'm not 100% on what is or isn't ok to use as thermal paste on a desktop and different things keep popping up but can you use Wells Heat Sink Compound 1 EA as thermal paste on a desktop PC??

Nighthawk117

Notable
Sep 27, 2021
Yes you can but not sure why you'd want to when you can get ones aimed specifically at PC for no extra. I would recommend Noctua NT-H1 personally. Also the fact that it's in a syringe should make it easier to apply the right amount, you can't put all of that packet on the CPU, you'll make a right mess :)

Nov 30, 2021
Bottom line - No idea f that particular thing from AutoZone will work properly for a PC.
It might, it might not.

Why are you replacing this?
I got an old PC from a friend for my birthday and when we took it apart to clean the fan he told me I need new thermal paste so I've been looking as best as I can with my limited resources

Nov 30, 2021
I got an old PC from a friend for my birthday and when we took it apart to clean the fan he told me I need new thermal paste so I've been looking as best as I can with my limited resources
My birthday is tomorrow and I was hoping to get it running so I can play some old games of mine and listen to my music

ASK THE COMMUNITY