Jun 8, 2023
I used noctua nt-h1 for my legion y540 and the thermal often pumps out, the temps drop after application for just few minutes then it go high again, the temps for cpu are always high above 90 in gaming and also in idle and just surfing the web or using some lite programs it reaches 95-96 C..
Gpu's temp gets to 89-90 under load in gaming or rendering,
I tried cooling pads and they didnt help, now iam going to get new thermal paste, and i chose mastergel pro v2, is it good with no pumping out effect ?

Mainly I found informations saying that to prevent pump out i should get a paste with high viscosity and high density, is that right ? Is mastergel pro v2 has high viscosity?

Jun 8, 2023
but i messaged noctua on email before and here is what they said written because i cant upload image:
Greetings from Noctua!
Thank you very much for contacting us.
We do not recommend that you use the NT-H1 or NT-H2 in a direct die cooling scenario, as it is incompatible. The thermal paste will slowly get "pumped out" from the CPU and cooler. The timespan in which this can occur can differ significantly. Hence, why we recommend against using the thermal paste in this scenario.
Thank you for your understanding.

And last time i checked i found the paste pumped out completely above the cpu area and pumped out by 50-60% on gpu area

anyway my question is what thermal paste hard to pump out should i use ?
and if the problem is not pumping out effect so what can it be ?

Last edited: