[SOLVED] thermal sensors

Truckerlenny

Great
May 20, 2019
so i bought a aerocool v12xt fan controller but it also has 4 thermal sensors where should i put them seeing as the cpu and gpu temps already show with onboard sensors where else should i. i was thinking one for ssd and one for hdd, one placed on ram and one placed on mobo somewhere i have a asrock h170 motherboard. i was also thinking psu but how. i have ordered a corsair hx750i

Solution
There really is no "should" about where to place the sensors. This controller does NOT use the sensors to govern fan speed. YOU are the only one who decides what speeds they should run, and YOU are the only one who can change the speed manually. The temperature sensors are only there to inform you. So to a large extent they provide whatever info YOU think is useful. However, I see that the display has labels for each sensor, and hence the connectors on the back also will have labels. For simplicity you can just use those as your guide. If you decide to place a sensor in a different spot, you need to remember what it really is, instead of what the display panel is pre-programed to show.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
There really is no "should" about where to place the sensors. This controller does NOT use the sensors to govern fan speed. YOU are the only one who decides what speeds they should run, and YOU are the only one who can change the speed manually. The temperature sensors are only there to inform you. So to a large extent they provide whatever info YOU think is useful. However, I see that the display has labels for each sensor, and hence the connectors on the back also will have labels. For simplicity you can just use those as your guide. If you decide to place a sensor in a different spot, you need to remember what it really is, instead of what the display panel is pre-programed to show.

Reactions: Truckerlenny
Solution

TRENDING THREADS