remotehugger

Distinguished
May 19, 2009
Hey all ! I just bought a Logisys FP708BK sensor and there are no instrucyions on how to attach the thermal sensors. I want to put one on my CPU, GPU, and HDD but have no clue where or how to attach them. It came with thermal tape so i assume i use that, i just dont know where to put em :( Any help would be great.

Solution
*takes the puffy thing*

Under the GPU heatsink, the GPU itself looks like a small metal chip (silicon, actually) on a green square. Get the probe next to the chip (NOT on it) and stick it down.

The CPU probe will be slightly more difficult, since they use heatspreaders these days. I think your best bet here is to tape it down as close to the CPU as you can get it where it won't be crushed by the heatsink.

For the HDD probe, attach it under the HDD. More or less where the circuitry is.

*leaves with joint*

Mugz

Splendid
Oct 27, 2006
*takes the puffy thing*

Under the GPU heatsink, the GPU itself looks like a small metal chip (silicon, actually) on a green square. Get the probe next to the chip (NOT on it) and stick it down.

The CPU probe will be slightly more difficult, since they use heatspreaders these days. I think your best bet here is to tape it down as close to the CPU as you can get it where it won't be crushed by the heatsink.

For the HDD probe, attach it under the HDD. More or less where the circuitry is.

*leaves with joint*

Solution

I've got them for my MB and PSU , both sets sit in thier respective boxes, I use a little infrared thermometer for checking temps in various places on the machine.
Hey thanx for sharing.....long exhale .............. :pt1cable: