Question thermalright 147a died, i think

kapti

Prominent
Aug 3, 2021
hello so i have a cpu cooler thermalright macho b and its fan died or dieing cuz its work just max at 400 rpm instead of 1300(unplugged dvd cable hit it couple of times during work ), anyway is there a way to buy this fan alone anywhere or iam forced to get new cooler ?http://www.thermalright.com/product/ty-147a/ or is there any replacement i can get instead of this 147 one? for 7700k and asrock z270 fatality k4,

The beauty of air coolers is that you can replace the fan and cooler still works. Sure, if you mount different fan you can get worse performance then original one (this is especially true in case of double fan setups where you exchange just one fan) but in most cases that should be no more then few C difference. The trick is just to get a fan that physically fits. By the description you linked your cooler uses pretty standard 140 mm fan with 120 mm mounting. There should be plenty of fans with those characteristics.

hello so i have a cpu cooler thermalright macho b and its fan died or dieing cuz its work just max at 400 rpm instead of 1300(unplugged dvd cable hit it couple of times during work ), anyway is there a way to buy this fan alone anywhere or iam forced to get new cooler ?http://www.thermalright.com/product/ty-147a/ or is there any replacement i can get instead of this 147 one? for 7700k and asrock z270 fatality k4,
Low speed may be due to wrong speed curve in BIOS or software unless it's due to sticking bearing.
What does DVD cable has to do with it ?
Fan appears to be of standard 140mm size so any fan of that size would fit. Best to be PWM type.

kapti

Prominent
Aug 3, 2021
dvd sata cable hit it "couple" of times when fan was spinning at 1300rpm yesterday and today morning it start to losing speed and making a weird sound when trying to get at higher rpm, other than that ive only upgraded ME firmware via asrock appshop. ive defaulted my bios and set my fan to full power, before it was spinning at max after that but now its like 400. its a 4y old pc, yesterday everything was ok. iam new at cooling, can u give me an example of a fan that fit? can by any even case one?

Last edited:
dvd sata cable hit it "couple" of times when fan was spinning at 1300rpm yesterday and today morning it start to losing speed and making a weird sound when trying to get at higher rpm, other than that ive only upgraded ME firmware via asrock appshop. ive defaulted my bios and set my fan to full power, before it was spinning at max after that but now its like 400. its a 4y old pc, yesterday everything was ok. iam new at cooling, can u give me an example of a fan that fit? can by any even case one?
Still don't know what "Dvd sata cable" has to do with it, is that fan connected thru a HUB ?
CPU cooler fan should be connected to CPU_FAN header on the MB and separate from other (case) fans.

kapti

Prominent
Aug 3, 2021
it is connected via cpu fan header but refuse to work at its max speed no matter what, unplugged dvd writter sata cable was pushed into spinning fan by dvd writter when i was checkin something on a panel(ive forgot its just sit there insecured to prevent dust )