Review Thermalright LGA1700-BCF Contact Frame Review : Can it tame Raptor Lake’s heat?

Thanks for this.

I didn't see anyone else testing the frames with Raptor Lake today.

I think it would be interesting to check at the higher power wattage more than lower, so I'd be really interested to see how this changes numbers for the 13900K. Will you update or do another one with it? :D

Regards.

Johnpombrio

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2006
I used a similar bracket for my i7-12700K Alder Lake and only saw at most a 2-3 degree drop in temps. Don't assume that you will be getting any sort of cooling boost unless your CPU is showing much higher than normal temps for a particular cooler.

seanwebster

Contributing Writer
Editor
Aug 30, 2018
I used a similar bracket for my i7-12700K Alder Lake and only saw at most a 2-3 degree drop in temps. Don't assume that you will be getting any sort of cooling boost unless your CPU is showing much higher than normal temps for a particular cooler.
Dropped 9-12C on my 12900K under load with this frame vs stock on my chip

SyCoREAPER

Honorable
Jan 11, 2018
Thermalright's solution is by far the best version out there, yes better than TG (but without whom we'd never be here).

As far as people with temp disparities, it depends on how long you had been running without thr frame and the cooling solution that was on there before. It only takes a few thermal cycles to disfigure the IHS.

For me, I only saw a few degrees but the big bonus is knowing I won't have to worry about bowing or cracked paste down the line.