Thermalright ultra 120 extreme or Scythe Mugen 2?

Well, if you're looking for the same price range ....... than according to the post Thermalright IFX-14 BP should do just fine...... I personally feel it's a better performer and lighter in weight, plus easier to clean..... and plus theres a variety of fans to choose from.....:) and it will certainly fit into the Stacker

bh2o

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2008
But the price difference between the mugen 2 and the IFX-14 is like $45 for not that much of a difference plus the Scythe comes with a fan already with it.

bh2o

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2008
Well I went with the Mugen 2 and am pretty stoked, dropped my idol temps from 33 to 28 Celcius. Haven't tested under load yet and haven't OCed yet but thats next goal :)

Ireally can't tell you much about the pricing since I have found them at nearly the same rates from various sites........newegg,shopbot.etc try a few and see what you find.......

Newegg does in fact list the Mugen 2 and at a reasonable price. listed for 36.99 U.S. Dollars at NeweggScythe Mugen 2
http://www.quietpc.com
Price: £43
Thermalright IFX-14 BP CPU Cooler Our Price: $74.99 with fan

Looking at the varying prices all over I have a feeling you'll get the best hopefully at the best price out there...... just take your time and don't be in too much of a haste...... lotsa good stuff coming out there and Christmas ain't too far.....:) happy chilling