Thermaltake’s Core W100 And WP100 Are Cases With Plenty Of Spaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBender

Reputable
Dec 30, 2015
The only reason that this makes me mad is that it is not that difficult to make same but different enough. They have blatantly pillaged the whole business model from case labs. Caselabs probably won't feel a thing because those who were to buy caselabs are not the same people searching for a budget caselabs.

What I really dislike is the fact that most of the press besides a few bright exceptions treat this in a neutral way.

norseman4

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
ThermalFAKE is at it again, now copying CaseLabs. LAME!

Now copying? What do you mean, now. CL has been a target from the get-go. The CL clone (and the Define R4) from months back started people looking into these amazingly similar designs.

FastRedPonyCar

Reputable
Jan 20, 2016
They ripped off Caselabs bad. I suspect the quality of these will be far inferior to the CL units, thinner metal, etc.

The only thing that this is going to do is devalue the image of the caselabs units.

CBender

Reputable
Dec 30, 2015
Do you still own that sweet Mako ;)

I also thought that, but now i think that at the end Case Labs would only grow. Have you seen the pricing on those cases ? 350$ ???? I really think that the whole thing is going to backfire on TT. I don't think that a lot of those who were to buy (and had the dough to begin with) would try and some couple hundreds of dollars to buy a clearly inferior product.

What Case Labs should do though, is to partner with some big OEM and deliver a less pricy line of products. You know something is the lines 'designed by Case Labs'.

The really sad thing is that TT tries to claim not only the design and appearance but also the whole business model. With the innovative you build it yourself :LOL:

nayrnayr1

Reputable
Aug 8, 2015
This is why I don't like thermaltake all they do is take other companies' designs and claim them for their own. Even if Caselabs has no patents what-so-ever, they should not be copying their designs. It is just wrong.

At the end of the day, Thermalfake is just a company that is bored and useless, I hope the whole thing backfires and they get a trade ban in all their major markets. It would be funny to see them try to sell the thermalfake stuff in some random county that can't even use it because they still use AT cases.

If thermaltake had to thermalfake things again, why not some SeaSonic stuff, thermalfake has crap PSUs.

ThadeusD

Reputable
Sep 26, 2015
People must be really upset by all those restaurants claiming to sell fettucine Alfredo. I mean, they don't even try to pretend that it's just their own version of pasta with cream, butter and cheese sauce! They even call it by the original name!

It's fakuccinni Alfredo...

CBender

Reputable
Dec 30, 2015
I don't remember anyone saying that TT should make their cases circular. And even in your analogy it would be something like opening a restaurant with a giant gold M on front.

David_218

Reputable
Jan 24, 2016
You guys are so on point, I mean look at the wheels, fans, windows, screws, frames, locks, radiators, hoses and pumps.

#Sarcasm

Status
Not open for further replies.