Thermaltake Announces Tempered Glass Version Of Its Core G21 Chassis

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerekA_C

Prominent
Mar 1, 2017
this whole glass thing is just to damn heavy if you ever have to move it around I think glass is a bad idea specially if you are weak or have children.

Hah. I thought the same thing. Almost like some robotic walking case (on boy, let's not give anyone any ideas).

In any event, when is the hideous RGB fad going to die down? It reminds me of the neon fad in the mid-late 80s that quickly died, which ironically has now some 30 years later seen a comeback over the past few years. I'd get sick of that real quick. With that said, it's nice to see tempered glass being used in more main stream priced cases. If you don't move your case around or travel with it like to LAN parties, it does give the appearance of a higher quality case than clear plastic.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Normal tempered glass can spontaneously granulate (explode) filling the entire room / computer with zillion of small glass pieces. I for one don't like to have another possible source of computer destruction than i have too...

They are a bit off.

I had a Thermaltaker Xaser II that was vastly heavier than my Corsair Crystal 570X. Short of being able to fit eATX motherboards it was in no way better than the Corsair.

Besides we computer nerds need some exercise once in a while. And how often do you plan to move your desktop?

To each their own. I enjoy being able to customize the color scheme of my system and have everything match. Honestly in my 570X the white LEDs make the insides look great and Red looks just fantastic.

Yea apart from all the other tempered glass in your home.

The odds of that happening are so low that even mentioning it is more often than it would probably happen. I have a tempered glass oven pan I have used for 15 years and it is still in one piece.

Sedivy

Estimable
I like the look but with the obvious slant on cooling for this case (roomy front for even the oversized radiators, open grille+filter for plenty air flow), why oh why did they put just one opening up top? If you're going to make a cooling oriented case that supports both air and liquid, then why not allow room up top for a second radiator? Especially if you use custom liquid cooling system as your intro picture. Meh...

Status
Not open for further replies.