[SOLVED] Thermaltake Core V1 - Good enough for my build?

Javier Fernandez

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2013
Hello, in my upgrading from an ATX motherboard to a micro-ITX one, I was tempted to attempt to build a more compact cube PC, considering how often I lug it around on trips. After doing some looking around, the Thermaltake Core V1 seems to be a good fit, and seems to fit my parts. These parts are:
  • GIGABYTE B450M DS3H V2 AM4 AMD B450 (not 100% on it yet, but it will be a micro-itx motherboard)
  • AMD RYZEN 5 2600
  • Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G5, 80 Plus Gold 750W
  • XFX RS XXX Edition Radeon RX 570
  • along with a 2.5 SSD and 3.5 HDD
I have a few questions: Does this seem like a good case that would fit these parts with good airflow? Would I need to buy extra fans or cooling beyond the stock CPU fan and case fans? (I don't plan to overclock.) I don't have too much experience building PCs, would such a compact build be too difficult to attempt?

I'm open to any suggestions regarding cases you think would be a better fit, or compact micro-itx cases in general that are not necessarily cubes. Ideally I don't want to spend more than ~$75 on a case, but I'm willing to go beyond that if it's something that will definitely last me a considerably longer time.

Solution
Are you looking to avoid SFX PSUs?

Some similar cases to the Core V1:
  • Cooler master H100
  • Fractal Design Node 304
  • Cooler Master Elite 110
  • Silverstone SG13

Other non-cube cases to consider:
  • Fractal Design Nano S
  • Cooler Master NR200
  • Lian Li TU150
  • Cougar QBX