Thermaltake Custom Water Cooling DIY Help

back0wnag3

Reputable
Jan 2, 2016
Hi, I was looking to build a custom water loop using the Thermaltake's LCS components and was wondering if i need more than what i have below...

Thermal take water block W1 $89

Thermaltake Pump+Tank L200mm DIY Liquid Cooling System Pacific PT40 (CL-W001-PL00BL-A) $109

Thermaltake Radiator 240*120*64mm DIY Liquid Cooling System Pacific RL240 (CL-W012-AL00BL-A) $109

Thermaltake Coolant 1000ml Red (CL-W020) $19

Thermaltake Transparent Tubing OD:5/8: ID:3/8" L:2m DIY LCS V-Tubler 3T (CL-W018-OS00TR-A) $13

Thermaltake Pacific 3/8" ID x 5/8" OD Compression Chrome Fitting (CL-W032-CA00SL-A) $9 x 6

Solution
There is something you should know, the Pacific series of radiators are constructed from aluminium and the block is a rebranded Swiftech Apogee XL which is in copper so you are running your loop aground by creating a platform for galvanic corrosion. The fluid isn't recommended by most DIY watercoolers, you'd be best served with going grocery store stocked distilled water and some Mayhems concentrates. Battery water can do if you don't have access to distilled water.

Could you please pass on your systems specs? Are you sure you want to go for Thermaltake products for your watercooling venture? There are other brands like EK/Swiftech that offer an AIO that you can later expand upon in the future should you choose to add your GPU and...

Lutfij

Titan
There is something you should know, the Pacific series of radiators are constructed from aluminium and the block is a rebranded Swiftech Apogee XL which is in copper so you are running your loop aground by creating a platform for galvanic corrosion. The fluid isn't recommended by most DIY watercoolers, you'd be best served with going grocery store stocked distilled water and some Mayhems concentrates. Battery water can do if you don't have access to distilled water.

Could you please pass on your systems specs? Are you sure you want to go for Thermaltake products for your watercooling venture? There are other brands like EK/Swiftech that offer an AIO that you can later expand upon in the future should you choose to add your GPU and mosfets/VRM's into the loop. I suggested an expandable AIO at this stage since I noticed you only had 6 fittings and one block that would go onto your CPU so for a CPU only loop you're actually paying too much for too little and likewise you could accomplish the same feat on air cooling for cheaper. So the next question is are you sure you want to watercool?

Have you read through the watercooling sticky? It's linked in my signature space.

Solution