Thermaltake Goes Big With Urban T81 PC Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haravikk

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2013
Cool, but I'm always disappointed when they skimp on 5.25" bays; I much prefer cases that fill up on 5.25" bays as it means you can use adapters to configure them however you like. After all there are good hard drive back-planes allowing for up to 5x 3.5" hot-swappable drive bays in 3x 5.25" slots, or 4 to 6 2.5" drives (depending upon height) in a single 5.25" slot, and again hot-swappable. You can then do the same with fans by offering adapter brackets for the bays, giving you room to just fill the whole front with them if you like.Fitting specific bays for 3.5" and 2.5" drives always feels a waste as a result, and limits what you can do with the system. I mean, if I could I'd make every drive in a system hot-swappable, but more importantly it's much easier to design.

mapesdhs

Distinguished
The Aerocool XPredator has 10 expansion slots (not the X1, I mean the older model,
part of the 'Evil' range). What other cases have more than 8 slots? Anyone know?
And is there such a case that has carry handles for heavy builds?

Ian.

Jonathan Tyer

Honorable
May 16, 2013

Corsair 900D/800D/750D?

biggestinsect

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
Caselabs makes a number of enclosures with 10 expansion slots. The Merlin ST10 Case being one example. CoolerMaster and Thermaltake both make cases with carrying handles, not sure about the number of slots on any of these.

biggestinsect

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
Caselabs makes a number of enclosures with 10 expansion slots. The Merlin ST10 Case being one example. CoolerMaster and Thermaltake both make cases with carrying handles, not sure about the number of slots on any of these.

biggestinsect

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012

biggestinsect

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
Sorry for the multiple post, this happens often to me here. Anyway to delete these? Plus I agree with Haravikk about the 5.5 drives. A case this size could house a nice water loop and you may need room for double bay rez and fan controller as well as card reader etc.

mapesdhs

Distinguished

I checked - the 750D has 9 slots, the 900D has 10 slots (800D only has 7). None have
carry handles though; anyone know of a 10-slot case which has handles?

Ian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts