Question Thermaltake H18 Versa Case Mobo Options

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
According to the Thermaltake site, this case can accommodate "...up to micro-ATX motherboards." Does this mean I can use either a ATX or a micro-ATX motherboard in this case? I'd like to make certain before I actually get the mobo. Here's the link to the site and specs: https://www.thermaltake.com/C_00003148.htm

What it means is that cases can almost always fit motherboards up to the form factor, not above it. So an ATX motherboard typically will also have the holes for micro ATX or mini ITX. If something accommodates up to micro-ATX, it almost certainly won't support full ATX.

maskedriderchris

Commendable
Sep 15, 2017
What it means is that cases can almost always fit motherboards up to the form factor, not above it. So an ATX motherboard typically will also have the holes for micro ATX or mini ITX. If something accommodates up to micro-ATX, it almost certainly won't support full ATX.

Ah, so--as the first guy said--either micro ATX or mini-ATX is what it will accommodate, then? Thank you both!

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Ah, so--as the first guy said--either micro ATX or mini-ATX is what it will accommodate, then? Thank you both!

Correct. No full ATX motherboards.

It's a good habit to get into the habit of finding and clicking the "Specifications" sections on websites. Once you're in the habit for any components, you'll rarely run into a problem. Kind of the PC building equivalent of "measure twice, cut once."