Thermaltake Intros 360 mm Closed-Loop Water Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
Nice. Now please make this a dual unit similar to the Asetek 760GC so end users can cool a GPU and CPU in a single closed look with a 360 radiator or a 280 radiator.

soccerplayer88

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
What would be nice, if these guys (AIO cooler makers, not just Thermaltake) would bump the price up a bit and put on a better pump.

I mean look at the picture above! Those hoses are at their limit in an Mid-Tower case. I can't imagine the issues with a full tower.

Splurge a bit on better pumps so we can have longer hoses to mount that radiator wherever we please. But maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree (Custom loop).

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
I'd like to see another inch or two added to the length of those tubes. I guess in the photo they could have mounted the pump rotated 90 degrees sideways to and gained a couple of inches that way, but still, not much of a margin for different case configurations.

That hose... I dont trust it. I understand they want the logo rotated correctly, but they should really screen print them like corsair does, hoses on the side.
Overall, why buy such a large AIO? At that point build your own loop. Some reviews might sway my judgement.

Lutfij

Titan
That tubing looks shorter than usual. This will be an issue if you have a rear mounted case fan and the tubing and/or ports conflict with rear exhaust fan. The tubing should be long enough to satisfy orientation irrespective of placement.

Nontheless, a good step forward and only time will tell via a review how it'll work out for the end user.

tao1

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
I have a Water 3.0 extreme, and the main problem I had is that the CPU mount is TERRIBLE.
The heat sink screws into 4 metal pins held in a plastic plate that goes on the bottom of the mother board. The plastic is not strong enough to hold the metal pins in place and they eventually spin as the screw is threaded into the pin, so you get uneven pressure on the 4 corners.
This actually ended up bending the pins on my mother board and I had to buy a new mb out of pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.