Thermaltake is god damn stupid

Sero3

Prominent
May 30, 2017
8/4/2017: I notice some guys misunderstanding my meaning, I'm not complaining about the difficulties that come up when building a custom loop, but instead complaining Thermaltake being a d*ck head making crappy products.

That title up there, has a reason to exist. I know this has been a fact for a long time, but I want to mention for those who don't know, thermaltake radiators are made up of Aluminium, and the water blocks aren't, they are full copper. As a previously kind customer of thermaltake, I am very upset that they do this and the corrosion eventually killed my pump, making my main PC failed to work correctly due to thermal shutdown.

Thermaltake coolants are another problem, those are just purely water and coloring, nothing else. Although being safer to have less material involved in coolants, thermaltake decided to use the coloring that will turn back into powder and will gunk up any system using it.

If you're unfortunate enough, like me, that used products in both problems mentioned, the result would be:
1. CPU Block gunk up, not reusable due to corrosion
2. Radiator not reusable due to corrosion (It happened to both my RL240 and RL360)
3. The pump would die either due to component corrosion or being gunked by the coolant residues.
4. The coolant in your whole system turns pale or even yellowish and become extremely smelly.
5. Residues produced by the coolant decreased heat transferring capability and heat dissipating ability, which become very obvious when it comes to my overclocked 1700x.

And the result above actually explains several problems which many youtubers that used thermaltake products had experienced, such as coolant color fading, pump died, and even freaking residues visible that flow around the whole loop.

P.S. Not to mention that the corrosion also kills fittings' internal layer of metal.

God damn it Thermaltake, the freaking cheap Asian company that had stolen me more than 600 bucks. I buy their products just because it's the only company that has reseller in my place. :/

MeatFeastMan

Commendable
Jan 9, 2017
I'd never trust watercooling, simply because of leaking and some of the nonsense you mentioned above. My NH D15 does just fine and matches the likes of a h100i, so I'm happy. Anyone who doesn't quite trust watercoolers should use the nh d15 or something similar. My fx 9590 is kept easily at bay, so for those saying that air can't handle the big overclocks, you're talking rubbish. Boosts up to 5ghz no problem. Just as good as 75% of the watercoolers at least if you ask me, as well as being less dangerous to your components.

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
Do you think any of the things you say makes them stupid is accidental? The market for people wanting water-cooling is rather small. Sell a product that works great but build in an automatic death about the time the warranty runs out, which they've basically assured in 2 different ways. Magically there is now another customer looking for a water cooler.

Sero3

Prominent
May 30, 2017

At least in my perspective it wouldn't be accidental. Several forums had once been filled with post complaining thermaltake's water cooling parts, just me found them after I bought it for a year...

And yes, the market is small, but the fact that they take advantages out of this small market is even worse, that is purely unacceptable when it comes to us the customers.

Sero3

Prominent
May 30, 2017

There's 3 main reason using custom water cooling loops, at least in my perspective.

1. Beauty
Simply make an aesthetic loop with lighting are great for those who're both using their PC for extreme performance, and to showcase their PC. It's the biggest reason people join the team of custom loops, simply the stunning beauty of custom loops with lots of efforts.

2. Challenge
Making loops are hard, and that's understandable that you don't want leaks and problems like corrosion. But the fact that both AIO coolers and custom loops are both containing liquid, there is still going to have these problems but just being that AIO promises they don't have those problem and even if they have these problems, the company would provide official helps for you. That's purely okay if you're going for performance, and only performance. AIO looks great, but custom loop looks better if you'd like to spend your day working on it. It's more of a challenge to see if you can put that much effort into the loop than the others did, and this is the main reason why I started building custom loops.

3. Quality and Expandability
Although problems I mentioned in main post exist in the market, but still there's other companies. Criticizing the company is okay I think, in terms of the products quality, but please don't try to make custom loop builders down by saying "Custom loop is just purely stupid and annoying to make". The quality of products really depends on the company they're from, sometimes it's worse than AIO coolers, but sometimes not, not to mention expanding custom loop is a lot easier than expanding AIO in case any other stuff are needed to add into the loop. Sometimes people trust their own hand more than those big but greedy companies like thermaltake. Thermaltake also makes AIO and it sucks when it comes to quality.

And about that "Air cooler can't overclock" stuff, everyone has different needs, and mine being "Not to put an oven in my tiny lil' room", so I go for custom loops. Don't get me wrong, I have three PCs, each one running with loop, AIO and air cooler. I appreciate all of them, just not air cooler when it's inside my room.

P.S. AIO is not much better, thermaltake AIO coolers that my friend was using died total of three times, he had three and three died. Sad enough that AIO also dies because of corrosion.

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
You do realize there is exactly zero difference in heat put off by a air cooler and water cooler. If anything the custom loop would be more due to the pump inherently putting off warmth. The CPU doesn't put off less heat because it's cooler.

Sero3

Prominent
May 30, 2017

Yes, I knew it. But the pumps' aside, the CPU heat is transferred to another location to dissipate, at least it wouldn't stay in the case. And for this I actually drilled a hole in my wall just for the radiator to blow the heat off out of the house.