Thermaltake Launches '4K VR' Gaming PC Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan_182

Commendable
Aug 21, 2016
If you're going to go to one gpu why wouldn't you use a smaller mobo? Other than the extra power phases depending on the brand.

McWhiskey

Reputable
Sep 23, 2015
The very first thing should be praise for Thermaltake for taking a risk. Risks like this push the industry. do something different and hope it catches on.

But risks can fail.

The issue here is not that it is a bad design. It is a very good design. But it is only for a very specific audience. This is really only for someone who wants the latest and greatest components (2011-v3 cpu, titan x...) but only wants one of them AND wants a small form factor. Very limited clientele.

If I were doing my build again, I might have gone this route over an itx build to get liquid cooling.

xk123

Commendable
May 27, 2016
looks like an interesting case, but what makes it more "4k vr ready" than any other atx case. like really. i know vr is the hot stuff now, but not everything from cases to psus need to be "vr ready".

lli10

Reputable
Jun 16, 2015
this case is good for avg ppl, who lives in HK, JP and any other country that only has very small space in the room...

tiagoluz8

Reputable
Jul 21, 2015
Thermaltake being stupid again. Lian-Li has better options that do the same in a smaller package (PC-07S) and smarter options (for Micro-ATX and ITX boards).

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Pretty soon, my mouse will be "VR ready"...

I am so sick of companies trying to slap catch words on EVERYTHING.

The last one was "the cloud" and I'm so glad that one has finally died a slow horrible death...

jaber2

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
I figured out who this is for, its for people who want their video cards to die fast, apparently no one has told these guys heat travels up

srmojuze

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016

That's what I thought at first, however there's two fans up the top.

Nonetheless a somewhat strange configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.