Thermaltake Launches the BigTyp Revo

Status
Not open for further replies.

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
I don't get how top-down airflow keeps other components cool...

doesn't the air get heated by the CPU cooler and you're blowing that heated air to rest of the motherboard?

G

@icepick314
the simple fact of having air circulate cools the other components surrounding it. With other heat sinks the air just remains stagnant and heats up easily.

Any benchmarks coming soon, Tom's? Hope so. Maybe some with reversed airflow, as well (fan blowing up instead of down).
As soon as you catch a break from the rumor factory, please do so.

cee2cee

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
[citation][nom]icepick314[/nom]I don't get how top-down airflow keeps other components cool...doesn't the air get heated by the CPU cooler and you're blowing that heated air to rest of the motherboard?[/citation]

Hot airflow is better than no airflow- with no airflow heat builds and becomes way hotter than it would if there were hot air blowing over it. Hence many graphics cards blow hot air thru the heatsink and then over the board.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Living in Florida means usually substandard heating systems.
Now, with a PC or two in the house that is no longer a problem.
And I am not kidding. I have a small room with 4 PCs, screens and keyboards etc are in the next room/office for noise management. Walk by the 'computer room and you feel the 'heat comming from it :)

I wonder how this one stacks up against the CM GeminII S. I had the GeminII S and it's one good CPU cooler for it's price. The next version is the GeminII S524, which is good for its price as well.

Any benchies coming soon, Toms?

Cheers!

AusVip3r

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]Any benchmarks coming soon, Tom's? Hope so. Maybe some with reversed airflow, as well (fan blowing up instead of down). As soon as you catch a break from the rumor factory, please do so.[/citation]
This downwards airflow is not better than a sideways flow of tower coolers. You and Toms are wrong in stating that the hot air pushed on to the motherboard is better than a tower coolers cool airflow over the motherboard components. Sideways flow creates airflow over the components and not heated air coming out the other side of the heat sink. It's very obvious a tower cooler cools motherboard components much better than these type of coolers. Stop trying to state otherwise when clearly higher flow cool air trumps lower flowing hot air in cooling stakes.

crateria

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011
[citation][nom]ausvip3r[/nom]This downwards airflow is not better than a sideways flow of tower coolers. You and Toms are wrong in stating that the hot air pushed on to the motherboard is better than a tower coolers cool airflow over the motherboard components. Sideways flow creates airflow over the components and not heated air coming out the other side of the heat sink. It's very obvious a tower cooler cools motherboard components much better than these type of coolers. Stop trying to state otherwise when clearly higher flow cool air trumps lower flowing hot air in cooling stakes.[/citation]

Sideways flow offers no flow over the VRM heatsink or other mobo components, wtf are you talking about? Downward airflow offers way more airflow/cooling for mobo components than sideways does, even if the air from downward airflow will have already passed through the cpu heatsink.

Again, warm air flowing over a VRM heatsink is much better than little to no airflow, and little to none is exactly what you get with a sideways airflow cooler.

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
Downflow coolers are recommended for those with ASUS Sabertooth boards. I have a P67 and I've been meaning to see what sort of temps I would get if I traded my Hyper 212+ for a downflow cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.