Thermaltake Launches the Urban S31 Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
I really like that top, built-in dock for extrernal drives. A nice feature to have without needing to worry about hooking up to a USB/eSATA port and using another power outlet.

runswindows95

Distinguished
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]Um, aren't vertical-mounted hard drives are more susceptible to motor burnout?[/citation]

The docks are mostly for data transfers and/or recovery. Not designed for long-term usage.

They are really asking way too much for a case with only 120MM fan mounts, and only 2 fans included. It looks much better than their usual stuff.... But for $124 there are a lot better cases.

I guess maybe if you knew you were putting in a top mounted radiator as shown it might have a niche.

beoza

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
This is a rather nice looking case. Clean lines, nothing over the top. If the front light has the ability to turn it on and off with a button that would make this case even better. For now I'll stick with my CM 690 II Advanced I got on the 1st of this month. I'll definitely be looking into this one though.

cliffro

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
[citation][nom]unksol[/nom]They are really asking way too much for a case with only 120MM fan mounts, and only 2 fans included. It looks much better than their usual stuff.... But for $124 there are a lot better cases.I guess maybe if you knew you were putting in a top mounted radiator as shown it might have a niche.[/citation]

It looks like THG got it wrong......Found this pic of this and the other 3 cases in the line
http://content.hwigroup.net/images/news/thermaltake_urban_series_02.jpg
http://content.hwigroup.net/images/news/thermaltake_urban_series_03.jpg

DevilKhan

Honorable
Apr 3, 2013
I'll buy this urban s31 instead of the fractal design R4, both gread cases but it wins for the room inside the case for water cooler and also I'll wins for having a hot swapable drive. the s71 has more room (limited room) but this has 6x 3.5", but I'm iffy about the lenght of the GFX cards.
in s31 you simply remove 3x bays, but kinda want to have them all as plan to have 4 x SSDs and the rest 4x HDDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.