Thermaltake Level 10 And SilverStone Fortress 2: Contemporary Cases?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
[citation][nom]Crashman[/nom]Is there a specific part you had in mind or are you simply feeding off the lie told by xsamitt? It's not like you said anything specific like "no place to mount a radiator" and we aren't mind readers.[/citation]

My main problem with it will be using a liquid cooling system. to doesn't seem to offer much space to use one. (it offers enough space for a decent sized card and other hardware but with it comes to things like giant heatsinks or liquid cooling, it seems lacking compared to a $100 case.

If a company is selling a $700 case then it better do everything a $100 case, or even a $50 case can do, as a starting point then go up from there.

With that case, you seem to be paying more and getting less

notty22

Distinguished
[citation][nom]razor512[/nom]ThermaltakeLevel 10 Also does that $700 case work much better than a larger $100 case? If it does work better, does it work $600 better or 6 times better.My current CPU temperature is 31C and the case temperature is 22C, GPU temperature is 35Cwill that $700 case make my temperatures 1/6th the current temperature?For $700 will it include a shrink ray that will make the parts smaller so my videocard will fit?For $700 will it include a high end (cleanroom style) filter system to prevent dust buildup?for $700 will the case cook dinner for me so I don't have to leave the room while gaming?That case probably cost about $20 to makeWill the case use magic in order to install a liquid cooling system?Will the case stop a bullet because for that money I can build my self a bullet proof case.[/citation]

STUPIDEST POST EVER ! :)

xsamitt

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2007
[citation][nom]Crashman[/nom]So Thermaltake is spreading disinformation to hurt their own sales? That's possible if the marketing department is completely out of touch, I guess. But I took those measurements, so I know that any card that fits between the intake fan and the back slots, a 12.26" distance, will fit.My thoughts exactly![/citation]

I will search for the email.If Im lucky i still have it.

G

At first I didn't care for the level 10 but after looking at the pics for awhile it grew on me. Still to high of a price to pay for a case.

cobra5000

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2008
I think these are sweet cases but for this kind of money, there should be zero negatives! These cases should not want for anything, as is I say drop those prices by at least 50% or more. That and the BMW version is WAY sexier than the regular Level 10 case.

rodney_ws

Splendid
Dec 29, 2005
[citation][nom]Renegade_Warrior[/nom]The Level 10 case has been out for a while now and is completely modular and was designed primarily for the LAN party enthusiast.I'm just surprised that it has taken this long for Tom's to take notice of this particular case which first came out something like a year ago.[/citation]

Come again? Since when is a 47 lb case (bare) a LAN party case? I'm pretty that crowd either goes for the cube cases or something like a Coolermaster Scout (20 lbs and with a big handle on top) There is no way anyone would transport that Level 10 on a regular basis.

xsamitt

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2007
[citation][nom]Crashman[/nom]So Thermaltake is spreading disinformation to hurt their own sales? That's possible if the marketing department is completely out of touch, I guess. But I took those measurements, so I know that any card that fits between the intake fan and the back slots, a 12.26" distance, will fit.My thoughts exactly![/citation]

Well I've contacted Thermaltake once again.Now I am told it will fit a 5790.I asked about a 5970 not a 5790.Pherhaps it was a typo.At any rate i've sent another email to be sure.

G

[citation][nom]rodney_ws[/nom]Come again? Since when is a 47 lb case (bare) a LAN party case? I'm pretty that crowd either goes for the cube cases or something like a Coolermaster Scout (20 lbs and with a big handle on top) There is no way anyone would transport that Level 10 on a regular basis.[/citation]
The Hardcore gamer who Must attend LAN Parties when ever he or she can isn't going to care how much the case weighs just so long as they can carry it relatively easily and it can house a system powerful enough for their gaming addition.

I'm not saying everyone would want, or even get this case.

Just think of it this way....

Have you ever seen a Star Trek Convention full of Trekkies?

If so, then you should understand that people who are fanatical about something really don't care about things such as cost, what others might think, or much of anything else other than the fact that they are doing what they want to do.

You get the picture?

This case was originally designed for the Hardcore LAN Party enthusiast (fanatic).

I remember when I first saw this case for sale, it was listed as a LAN Party case.

xsamitt

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2007
Hi Crashman

i now gotten the official length straight from TT themselves once again.

Here it is:"This will fit the largest card on market at 12.29". it will fit your card".

So now I am still confused as I've seen reports of the 5970 at a length of 13 and a half inches.I have also seen people measure the card at 12 and a half.So just how long really is the 5970?

Plus I am also confused as to why I was originally told by thermailtake themselves it was 10 and a half and now 12 and a half.But at least thats better than what I was first told.

It would be nice in the future not to accuse one of lying.I am quite ok with being called on something however.And I did my best to find out what was going on with the length I was first told.
Had I been told correctly in the first place I would have bought the level 10 case.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
[citation][nom]xsamitt[/nom]Hi Crashmani now gotten the official length straight from TT themselves once again.Here it is:"This will fit the largest card on market at 12.29". it will fit your card".So now I am still confused as I've seen reports of the 5970 at a length of 13 and a half inches.I have also seen people measure the card at 12 and a half.So just how long really is the 5970?Plus I am also confused as to why I was originally told by thermailtake themselves it was 10 and a half and now 12 and a half.But at least thats better than what I was first told.It would be nice in the future not to accuse one of lying.I am quite ok with being called on something however.And I did my best to find out what was going on with the length I was first told.Had I been told correctly in the first place I would have bought the level 10 case.[/citation]

Officially, 309mm, which is 12.16". And don't forget that if you get a weird card with some kind of extended heat sink, you can still remove the case's intake fan to get another inch.

xsamitt

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2007
[citation][nom]Crashman[/nom]Officially, 309mm, which is 12.16". And don't forget that if you get a weird card with some kind of extended heat sink, you can still remove the case's intake fan to get another inch.[/citation]

Well they told me 12.29.Not that that makes a lot of difference.
Still though I'm unsure about the official lenght of the 5970.Perhaps someone here has one could have one.

ntrceptr

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
On the Fortress 2
No screenshots to show real panel ports after MB installed. I have to either use wireless mouse and keyboard or leave the top cover off and plug my stuff into the top. Thats just wierd.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
[citation][nom]ntrceptr[/nom]On the Fortress 2No screenshots to show real panel ports after MB installed. I have to either use wireless mouse and keyboard or leave the top cover off and plug my stuff into the top. Thats just wierd.[/citation]

The start of its description shows and describes the hole in the back. You pull the top panel, run your peripheral cables through the hole in the back, plug them in, and replace the top panel. The article also tells you how long the connector and cable can be (maximum) before it has to have turned towards the hole in the back.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
[citation][nom]M-ManLA[/nom]Thermaltake can hold a EATX! I didn't know that. I have to research that.[/citation]

The tray is EATX-size, and only the intake fan gets in your way. So ditch the intake fan and mount your board already!

Status
Not open for further replies.