Thermaltake Makes Notebook Cooler for Gamers

Status
Not open for further replies.

soccerdocks

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
That looks like a nice cooler but there are 2 things that will keep me from buying it.

1. It will probably be quite expensive.

2. It will create too great of an angle for anyone who has a 9 cell battery that props up the back of the laptop.

LuckyDucky7

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
So the two things positioned on that cooler don't need it (an iPad, and more importantly, an IBM ThinkPad T60).

Anyways, it's an interesting product for those who invest in 1000-dollar gaming notebooks- especially the MSI ones that are all red.

G

Awesome I need it for my Ipad, I overclocked it to 4Ghz and can play crysis now :D

This cooling pad will go great on the Toshiba Qqosmio or hows it spelled. The red and black color scheme matches well.

Ari3sgr3gg0

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
The propping idea actually seems quite nice since I have a tank of a laptop(Clevo x7200) and just getting it at a better angle for my wrists would be nice

FoShizzleDizzle

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
Big fancy lights and fans. But it still lacks a retractable mouse tray for first person shooters. That is why I recommend the Aidata LD007P Laptop Cooling Lap Desk. Can be found for around 50 bucks, and even has the ability to route your USB cables with little notches to keep things neat and shoot noobs from the comfort of a hotel bed in your boxers without setting your thighes on fire.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]razor512[/nom]cool, my iPad always overheats....Unless it is under $10, it is not worth the money[/citation]

you paid 400-600 bucks for an ipad and people pay 1000 bucks for a lap top you seriously think that more than 10 bucks is too much to invest in cooling ???

i guess youa re broke after buying your ipad , i swear , i dont even have the money for a 50 dolar game right now , but if i ahd the money and i was going to buy a 1000 dollar notebook or a 400-00 dollar ipad i'd see cutting some of that budget to cooling , and not just a measly 10 bucks.

the question you need to ask is how much cooling does this provide for it's price , then decide if it's work 10 bucks , but seriously for ten buck i wouldnt expect to get any kid of deccent cooling unlkess you are talking a single fan for a pc tower interior , my mid tower pc's cooling costed , me 80 dollars in total and it was well worth teh money

4 120x120 fans at 10 bucks each and 2 20 dollar 140x140 fans

that's excluding the coolmaster hyper TX 2 CPU cooler, artic silver 5 paste, and sythe 92 mm fan on my CPU , throw another 30 bucks on for those peices that brings the total cooling cost on my tower pc , to 110 dollars.. (note i built this desk top in 2008)

sheesh freaking morons today .. if this thing costed just ten bucks i'd not trust it to cool an ice cube let alone a hot lap top , i expect it will be in the nieghbor hood of 30-40 bucks at least.

but then again maybe you are rich enough to just replace your expensive toys when they cook them selves ?

lengjai

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2011
i thought people got laptops so they could carry them around easily with as few other parts as possible? wouldn't a piece like this just add more to carry?

valuial

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2008
haha ridiculous, cooling a i-crap or sort of... does this crap overheat? ooh common 700 buck of low perf stuff and you need to cool it? hello i'm talking to your brain right now... this world's crazy...

hyphycus

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
[citation][nom]LuckyDucky7[/nom]So the two things positioned on that cooler don't need it (an iPad, and more importantly, an IBM ThinkPad T60).[/citation]
My son uses my T60 for gaming all the time. I had to buy an aftermarket cooler for under it, but none of them are big enough to provide adequate cooling. It still overheats constantly. Even with monthly cleanings.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
This would go well with all my other Red and Black computer peripherals, like my MSI laptop, Thermaltake Xaser VI case, and Saitek Eclipse III keyboard. Only problem is its too plasticy. I expect a bit better from Thermaltake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS