[SOLVED] Thermaltake psu and UPS 650va

Aug 4, 2020
Hi!
Would want to know if my power supply Thermaltake model LT-700AL2NL (specs here Link LT-700AL2NL ) will have continuous power when there is a power outage if the wave form from the UPS is a modified/simulated sine wave form.

Would buy a pure sine wave UPS but priority is for other things right now so I am stuck with a cheaper brand like this Kebos UPS.

Solution
You don't need "pure sine wave" UPS but 650 VA is enough to shut down if it has a USB connection and shutdown software. I generally use 1500VA APC UPSs if I need more than a short time to shutdown.
Hi!
Would want to know if my power supply Thermaltake model LT-700AL2NL (specs here Link LT-700AL2NL ) will have continuous power when there is a power outage if the wave form from the UPS is a modified/simulated sine wave form.

Would buy a pure sine wave UPS but priority is for other things right now so I am stuck with a cheaper brand like this Kebos UPS.

Save your money and get a decent PSU. That PSU is horrible.

Reactions: KenZe
Aug 4, 2020
You don't need "pure sine wave" UPS but 650 VA is enough to shut down if it has a USB connection and shutdown software. I generally use 1500VA APC UPSs if I need more than a short time to shutdown.

Thanks @RealBeast for the info, will have to get the one with a usb then.
The hardware I got is still from 2012-2013 era :). old Specs i5 2400, MSI board, 2TB Seagate HDD, 8GB ram but slowly upgrading each only thing left to upgrade is the PSU (the thermaltake) and the GPU (R9 280x vapor-x 3GB oc) done upgrading the mobo, cpu(R5 2600), ram 16GB, 250GB SSD, There sometimes are spikes and outages when thunderstorm comes or are near my area and I just want to properly shutdown the PC fast and was hoping the UPS can give me at least 5 minutes to do this.
Lost 1x Hard Drive, 2x mobo, 1 generic psu to these spikes and outages.