Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheikh Tashdeed Ahmed

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2016
Basically as mentioned in the post header.

Thermaltake BX1 550W power supply of a friend caught fire, small pop noise and PC shuts down. Anybody else?

Luckily, none of the other pc components were damaged. Anybody else had problem with this BX1 line of PSUs of Thermaltake?

Basically as mentioned in the post header.

Thermaltake BX1 550W power supply of a friend caught fire, small pop noise and PC shuts down. Anybody else?

Luckily, none of the other pc components were damaged. Anybody else had problem with this BX1 line of PSUs of Thermaltake?
I'd never buy a garbage PSU like BX1 so it's unlikely my computer would have a problem like that. You get what you pay for. Tell your friend that the PSU is more important than anything else in the system and to buy something of higher quality. There are budget models of acceptable quality that are very affordable.

Sheikh Tashdeed Ahmed

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2016
I'd never buy a garbage PSU like BX1 so it's unlikely my computer would have a problem like that. You get what you pay for. Tell your friend that the PSU is more important than anything else in the system and to buy something of higher quality. There are budget models of acceptable quality that are very affordable.

Not sure how CX 550 is much of a 'higher quality' unit.
I mean. you'd never put sth so garbage in your system too, no?

Windows22

Prominent
Dec 30, 2020
Corsair CX grey is a TIER B PSU.

The BX1 is a TIER D PSU.

Corsair CX series is the minimum people will recommend because it's a decent entry PSU.

Not the BX1. The BX1 is a "To be used with a cheap IGPU system".
I agree with the Corsair series as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.