Thermaltake Releases 450W, 600W Toughpower SFX Gold Series PSUs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samer1970

Admirable
BANNED

Corsair are more expensive , and they dont include an SFX to ATX adapter in the box , and they dont offer more cables in the 600 watts version ... and short cables are very hard to find . They are not worth the price .

Go for silverstone and Lian li , with 120 fans ...

More expensive for a reason. Great Wall made a fantastic PSU and I doubt Thermaltake's unit will match it.

Samer1970

Admirable
BANNED

Maybe , but they need to add the ATX adapter and more cables to the set , short cables are hard to find , I have SFX-L Silverstone with 120 fan and it is working without problems. I am interested to see how good the lian li 750 watts SFX-L performs ..

What additional cables do you think they should add? Also, I can't understand why one would buy an SFX PSU for an ATX case in the first place. I guess if you upgrade to a larger case, but still.

Samer1970

Admirable
BANNED

more PCIE cables ...

as for why the ATX adapter , well to use the power supply inside itx cases with ATX mounts ... There are plenty , like the Fractal Design Core 500 for example , or any compact case with standard ATX power supply , freeing alot of space for cable management inside cube cases when you mount a much shorter PSU (120 VS 160-180 Length) . plus the short cables , AT power supplies dont come with short cables.

Samer1970

Admirable
BANNED

not really , micro ATX small cases Exist also , Example , Silverstone Sugo 10 ... it is very compact case there is not an inch not used inside , and for such case , Short cables are important and more space is welcomed ...

Samer1970

Admirable
BANNED

Making The Corsair more and more expensive :)

and yet no additional cable too ...

it i actually $15 more with the additional cable and bracket , add to it the 15-$20 more they ask over Silverstone and others , you end up paying $30-35 more

I guarantee the Thermaltake will still be overpriced for its quality compared to the Corsair. It's just like Thermaltake's current PSUs.

Status
Not open for further replies.