Thermaltake Releases Overseer RX-I eSports PC Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSpider

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
Do people actually buy these things? I bet it's pain in the ass to clean dust off of, with all the nooks and crannies. I would take something plain, square-ish any day. Especially for something I look at once a day when I turn it on, sometimes maybe more if I connect something to the front panel.

$160? I think I'd rather spend the extra $100 on a better monitor since it's what you look at 99% of the time you use the computer... Or at least a better CPU/GPU combination.

halcyon

Splendid
What is with all the cases for little kids? Its like they want to win the award for ugliest PC case. I mean, look at this thing. Why do they think people want overstyled gaudy crap? I know different strokes for different folks but do they actually test the market when they design these things or just say, "Ah, make it look like something out of Transformers."

They need to take notes from Corsair and Lian Li. Sheesh.

A seemingly proper design Nothing wrong with an enclosure that's not gaudy, is there? If you feel you need to attract attention with your PC case go for simple lighting or something. Not an enclosure that makes your rig look like a toy. I guess to each there own.

beardguy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
Nice case, but too much going on design-wise. I want to see something different, this looks like LOTS of other cases already on the market.

kriswone

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2010
All PC Towers should have a handle, be smooth, sturdy, excellent airflow, front end I/O's.

this case does most of those well except for handle and smooth possibly sturdy?.

cep

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
Looks rather like the HAF-X which I have. And of course people buy cases like this and why not? The build quality of my HAF is incredible and dust is no issue when you have dust filters... Imo this case looks perfectly fine, I like the industrial look and feel.

Cormag

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
Why can they not add all of these options to a basic square mid-tower? It is a small minority that wants garish looks, but a large majority that wants all of the features.

cep

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
^ Because if you were to do that you would still need all the little vents, filters and mesh included to get the same airflow. All you really then lose is the led lighting on the fans, the perspex sheet and the little nobly bits on top...

leo2kp

Distinguished
I'm with some of you that believe that all the crazy visuals are kind of pointless. I'm all for handsom and extremely functional. I don't really want a PC that looks like something out of an FPS. That being said, it's still a nice case and I'd consider buying one ;)

All I want is a nice tool-less case that is easy to work on, and no sharp edges inside to cut my knobby hands on. The case will hide behind my 27" monitor, so I really don't care what it looks like.

Very happy with my wife's case (In Win "Alpha", white with pretty vector art plants on it, and lets not forget the sequins :p). Bought it on sale 4 years ago and the 3 times I have had to open it up (routine cleanings, and a recent HDD failure) I have always been surprised at how easy it was to work on. Sadly I was not able to find the non-girley one a few years later when my case finally died in an unfortunate lan party incident; but the cheap $40 case I found (a thermaltake) is simple, black, and has plenty of space for HDDs and fans which is all I need :)

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
They should have stopped this style of design with the coolermaster HAF series. I mean look at Apple. They are able to sell their crap BECAUSE of their slick simple designs.

I'm currently using the Corsair 600T white version which is simple, has good airflow, and sturdy. THAT IS ALL a case needs. It doesn't have to look like I'm concealing a nuclear warhead inside the case.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
This case says I WILL RIP YOUR FACE OFF AND USE IT TO WIPE MY BUTT!!

Interesting looking... yes.
I can't imagine it being fun to clean once dust settles into all those nooks and crannies.

lordstormdragon

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011
While I agree with most of the naysaying about this case, the other side of the coin is that at least it does NOT look like a Mac Am or every other smooth, slick, minimalist case out there.

Options are a good thing, people. Don't like it, don't buy it.

G

god that thing is ugly!! with all these gaudy light brite looking cases i think my next build is going to have to be custom. and for gods sake if were going to put all those fans on a case why not use filter system that actually works so we not only keep our pc clean but can breath cleaner air while we use our pc

It says 3 (Thermaltake's website description) but it probably only has 2 5.25" bays. It depends on how that top I/O port section is designed. They usually run the cables straight down from their connectors, and then when you bend those cables toward the rear or behind the mobo, there is usually enough of the bend left to block that entire bay from using any type of optical media. So you have to put the optical drive in another slot and that throws off the overall look that is not really getting any help from the rest of the design. At least the HDDs have the proper orientation to hide all their cables. Still... anyone that likes this sort of design has likely already purchased some form of Cooler Master's HAF series and this would be a lateral change at best, if not a downgrade.

Edit: The side door fan is too close to the rear fan. This will effectively block the ability to use any of the closed loop 120mm radiator-sized cooling solutions. They also state the CPU cooler height limitation is 177mm. I can almost guarantee that doesn't take into account the 25mm or so necessary for that door panel fan. You do the math. Why doesn't Thermaltake ever take these measurements into consideration? For the price they are asking it should include these features as at least optional, and perhaps allow that fan grill to be removable and exchangeable with a standard window.

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
The Droid Bionic is faulty and emits a high-pitched noise when using the headphone jack. It is either due to lousy hardware (Motorola) or the lousy OS (Android). If you are in the market for a new phone, wait for the new iPhone in October; you will get much faster / more stable hardware and software.

[citation][nom]getreal[/nom]The Droid Bionic is faulty and emits a high-pitched noise when using the headphone jack. It is either due to lousy hardware (Motorola) or the lousy OS (Android). If you are in the market for a new phone, wait for the new iPhone in October; you will get much faster / more stable hardware and software.[/citation]

First of all, wrong news article.

I have the Droid Bionic and headphones for it. I use it every day and it works flawlessly. It has excellent bass as well. You sir have a bad ear or defective product.

Status
Not open for further replies.