[SOLVED] Thermaltake Riing Plus 20 Without Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2019
Is there any way to connect this fan directly to the motherboard without a controller?
My idea was to connect it to a motherboard usb header.
According to the manual, the fan comes with a USB 9-pin connector but that doesn’t match usb headers on the motherboard (there isn’t a hole for one pin of the usb header)
I’ve got an Asus Prime B450 plus

Solution
Is there any way to connect this fan directly to the motherboard without a controller?
According to the manual, the fan comes with a USB 9-pin connector but that doesn’t match usb headers on the motherboard (there isn’t a hole for one pin of the usb header)
Make sure youre looking at a usb header and not something else. The picture of the plug from the fan you showed is definitely a usb 9 pin plug.

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
USB headers on motherboard loo like this on the left 9 pin:
tIbc0XW.jpg

christian_94

Commendable
Oct 6, 2016
Make sure youre looking at a usb header and not something else. The picture of the plug from the fan you showed is definitely a usb 9 pin plug.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.