[SOLVED] Thermaltake Smart 600W

Dec 29, 2021
I have a thermaltake smart 600w plus gold psu. How do I connect a corsair commander core xt to it for SATA power? Can I even do that? None of these cables seem right.
pnfYxGLkj

Last edited:
Solution
cannot see the actual connectors but it appears you have at least 4x SATA power connections available.
2x middle: molex,
2x far left: SATA,
2x far right: SATA.

i really don't get what your issue with connecting is.
can't you easily determine which of these corresponds to the available Commander Core XT power cable?

just read the Thermaltake user manual and research what exactly a SATA power cable is.
Show the pictures of the connectors (can't find them even on Corsair site, and manual is ****).
But from what I see on youtube, there are two cables going out of hub. One should connect to PSU via SATA cable (same as used to power drives), the other is to be connected directly to motherboard USB 2.0 internal header (assuming you have one free).

Last edited:
there are multiple Thermaltake Smart models but they are all pretty much designed for cheap lower quality systems.
you will need to elaborate on the exact model.
How do I connect a corsair commander core xt to it for SATA power? Can I even do that? None of these cables seem right.
but are you sure you know what a SATA power connection is?

every PSU i've seen for quite a few years now offers SATA connection.
do you have them all in use with multiple drives or other devices?

Show the pictures of the connectors (can't find them even on Corsair site, and manual is ****).
But from what I see on youtube, there are two cables going out of hub. One should connect to PSU via SATA cable (same as used to power drives), the other is to be connected directly to motherboard USB 2.0 internal header
yeah, you can clearly see the USB & SATA power connectors:
11-978-029-11.jpg

Dec 29, 2021
But from what I see on youtube, there are two cables going out of hub. One should connect to PSU via SATA cable (same as used to power drives), the other is to be connected directly to motherboard USB 2.0 internal header (assuming you have one free).

Dec 29, 2021

cannot see the actual connectors but it appears you have at least 4x SATA power connections available.
2x middle: molex,
2x far left: SATA,
2x far right: SATA.

i really don't get what your issue with connecting is.
can't you easily determine which of these corresponds to the available Commander Core XT power cable?

just read the Thermaltake user manual and research what exactly a SATA power cable is.

Solution